I travel to ABQ nearly every week, typically 1-5 nights per trip. I am a Priority Club member and typically stay in Holiday Inn's. This Holiday Inn always "thanks" me for my loyalty, every other Holiday Inn in NM and AZ will thank you AND give you a little bag with a couple of bottles of water and packaged cookies, nothing spectacular, but helpful compared to a "Thanks!".
I have stayed at this hotel a total of 60 nights in 2012 so far. I have always stayed at this location for its convenience to my office (3 minute drive). They have a small bar and a restaurant with decent room service. However I am losing my loyalty because of the following two things.
1. The elevator can be heard EVERYWHERE in the hotel. In fact it is a joke the bartender tells on occasion! The patrons complain and the staff is well aware! The bartender even commented that the "21" rooms (221, 321, etc) are the worst as the room shares a wall with the elevator shaft, but I can hear the elevator even at the end of the halls.
2. I DO NOT recommend accepting any room on the 3rd floor. Rooms 326, 328 look right out on a roof line with the Air conditioning units, etc. this includes piles of pigeon droppings and pigeons (alive and dead).
3. When I complained to management I was assured of a better room for the 5 nights i was to stay later in the month. When I returned, I did have a large room! It was very nice, no pigeons, but "21" room with a wall adjoining the elevator shaft!!!!
There are other options in the area I will try soon. Drurey Inn, Residence Inn, Quality Inn, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Albuquerque's newest full service hotel, Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, conveniently located at I-25 and Jefferson Street NE-Exit 229. We have been expecting you! Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque is located North of downtown, 8 miles from the Airport-Albuquerque International Sunport, 2 miles from Balloon Fiesta Park, 8 miles from Sandia Peak Aerial Tramway, 5 minutes from the University of New Mexicoand less than 10 minutes from Kirtland AFB. Each of our 122 beautiful and inviting Guest Rooms (including 26 SUITES) have been designed to make your stay comfortable and productive whether you are with us on business or pleasure--each offering complimentary wireless high-speed internet. During your stay at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque, you can relax! Enjoy yourself! Take time to slide down our two-story waterslide making a splash into our indoor pool, Slide hours of operation are: Friday 5pm-10pm, Saturday 9am -Noon & 2pm-10pm, Sunday 9am-noon. Closed Monday through Thursday. Guests will receive 2 complimentary wrist bands per room. Welcome to our home, Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque! Enjoy your stay in our land of enchantment. Come back when you can stay longer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Albuquerque North i-25
- Holiday Inn Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Holiday Inn