“Need a life guard on staff” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #95 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Need a life guard on staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My family and I came to enjoy the slide at the swimming pool, But.. they didn't tell us anything about some certain rules about it and when it was OPEN or CLOSE! I think your over price for some items that wasn't even used. I think you need to let the visitors with families know all about the slide at your swimming pool like information!! The elevators has a loud sound going up and down..maybe you need to service them soon. My kids was looking forward to using the slide at the pool. But it was CLOSED!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I selected this hotel because it was within walking distance of the balloon fiesta shuttle stop (Cliff's) closest to the Albquerque International Balloon Fiesta.

The hotel was nice and very comfortable for my stay. I was really pleased with it.

The location was good with lots and lots of restaurants a short drive away.

While two staff members told me that walking to the Cliff's shuttle stop was a good idea; I do not recommend it. To get there you will be walking along Pan American, a frontage road that parallels I-25. There is no sidewalk; you will be walking in a dirt ditch that is at an angle and is strewn with large rocks and little plants with thorns that will stick in your shoes (and hurt your fingers when you try to pull them out!). Plus it is quite dark in some spots (I had a flashlight with me that helped). While it is a 10 minute walk, after that first experience I drove to Cliff's the rest of the time. There was no problem parking and no problem pulling out. There was a line of busses when I arrived and it takes just 15 minutes to get to the fiesta. Getting back was just a short wait to get a bus then a 15 minute ride to Cliff's. In the mornings I was on the bus at 5am and, in the afternoons, I was on the bus at 5pm. These times seemed to work well for me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Smithfield, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Great location for the balloon festival. Rooms were good. Maids did leave lamps unplugged and the clock was off. Front desk was not vey helpful with information Plenty of restaurant close by. Good wireless and beds were comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear xit95i95,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad you liked the comfortable beds and our convenient location. I apologize for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and regret you were not satisfied with the service you received from our front desk staff. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve the quality and service that we offer to all of our guests.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Gallup, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed here in September of 2012 with our kids. Rooms are nice but no cont breakfest is provided. Noticed elevators are really loud and our room was near them so we constantly heard this noise all night long. Elevators were really loud whem inside them too. Our complaint really comes to the pool. We stayed here because of the slide but they only let kids get on who are good swimmers and they wont let you catch younger kids. This ruined the fun for half our kids. The chlorine is way, way too high. The water was splashed up in my eyes and it burned so bad I quit swimming becuase of this. Our daughter went down the slide and after a few trips her eyes were blood shot and looked swollen from the chlorine. My wife left pool side after about 20 minutes because the chlorine fumes in the room were so bad it was burning her throat. Someone is not testing and maintaining the chemical balance for safety, they are just over shocking the pool. As another review also states they flag off this tiny pool for the slide so the pool is realy just a standing area of about 10x 15 feet. Staff seemed busy chatting. Back receiving area of hotel outside was filthy. Rooms are very nice and clean. Remote on TVs are a pain as they respond so slow. We plugged in and watched our own movies. Beds are good. Overall average stay. We will stay somewhere else next time though for breakfast and for pool reasons.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators because they are loud.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Orin7,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness of our rooms.

However, We’re sorry about the breakfast. Breakfast packages are available but for a minimal cost. The Complimentary Continental breakfast are usually offered only by our sister hotel, the Holiday Inn Expresses. We would also like to apologize about the over chlorinated swimming pool. I understand the discomfort it caused you. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Im a travel agent and talk about the second you walk in customer service was awesome. The hotel rooms are clean, and new. The swimming pool was nice my kids enjoyed the pool area. We had drinks at the bar and service was great. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
Roswell, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

booked the hotel through Priceline. When I arrived I was asked for ID and the card that I put it on. I gave the requested documents. the next morning I found a bill under my door. I didn't think anything of it, when I got home, I checked my personal banking account and on it I found that Priceline had billed me for the room and the hotel also had billed my bank. When I called I was referred to the GM "Richard" of the hotel. He took care of the problem, but unfortunately my money will be tied up for a couple of days with transactions and the banks.

I find it ridiculous that this day and age, that such a big name chain business can't handle simple transactions. When I asked maybe comping a room or some form of helping me out, since they billed me twice, Richard advised he didn't see it as a compromise or be able to justify their mistake.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed one night on a road trip and the hotel is very clean, new and quite nice. The beds were very comfortable. The night we stayed the place was packed with kids and the pool seemed very nice even though we didn't have time to use it. Out toilet was clogged when we got to the room and they quickly brought us up a plunger and I asked them to leave it and we would take care of it as my wife was in the shower and they only problem was the plunger was covered in something they previously "unclogged" so that was gross but overall a very nice place to stay close to a lot of places to eat.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25? Share your experiences!