“Nice place” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Skip Maisel's

Skip Maisel's
510 Central Ave. SW, Albuquerque, NM (Raynolds Addition)
505-242-6526
Kingsville, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Nice place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I liked the variety of items they had in the store. I bought a couple of dream catchers and a t-shirt for less than $30. I would have bought jewelry, based on the reviews here. Unfortunately none of the employees were as friendly as I'd read. Maybe it's because I'm young but I would have loved to take a piece home.

Visited July 2014

Moweaqua, IL
24 attraction reviews
“Great place to stop and shop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

As a tour company I can say this was one of the best places, if not the best, I took my group to on this 13 day Route 66 journey. Skip, his wife and staff were very welcoming to the group. I trusted him so much upon arrival that I left a piece of my own turquoise jewelry with him for repair to be sent home.

Visited June 2014
Georgia
13 attraction reviews
“Spoiled for choice.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

The selection of pottery, jewelry and other native American was amazing. The staff took her time and explained
The meaning of different symbols and the stones. If this store does not carry it you don't need it. Pretty good prices.

Visited May 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
31 attraction reviews
“Do this!!! Don't miss this!!! Go here!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

During our 9 day stay in Albuquerque, we visited many, many places that had Native American Jewelry and artifacts for sale. So, I believe I can offer a comparison for you. I found Skip Maisel's to be the number ONE place to purchase those treasures you want to bring home with you. When you walk in the store, you are simply amazed at the vast inventory of items available for your perusal. In fact, it might just be too much except for the fact that the staff is extremely helpful and can help you narrow down your search until you find exactly the items you want to purchase.

I like choices and a wide variety; but initially I was overwhelmed. I love all of the Native American jewelry so much that I didn't know where to start. So, I found a helpful staff person and started asking questions regarding which items were made by which tribe members. I already own several Native American pieces, so the conversation with the staff member help me to decide to fill in the missing pieces in my current jewelry collection. I looked at many pieces, continued to ask question after question. By the time I had made my decision, I had also just had a nice lesson in Native American history and silversmithing or jewelry making.

Good to know:
Easy parking

Visited March 2014
Savannah, Georgia, USA
27 attraction reviews
“Best Native American Jewelry and Pottery in Albuquerque.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Since the 1930s Maisel's has purchased jewelry and pottery directly from Native Americans and sold at fantastic prices (generally 50% off list) to the public. Incredibly extensive range of silver jewelry with turquoise, pipestone, jet, malacite, spiny oyster and other more exotic stones. Large selection of rugs and pottery. The staff is wonderfully learned in the history and methods of manufacture, the locations of the turquoise quarries, many of the famous makers, and just fun to talk too. A trip to Maisel's is a must before a visitor buys anywhere else.

Visited March 2014