“Great flight! Great crew & pilot Dean!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 98 Activities in Albuquerque
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: World Balloon is Albuquerque's original balloon ride! We pride ourselves on providing World Class Balloon Rides in the Albuquerque area year round. Please join us for the experience of a lifetime!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Great flight! Great crew & pilot Dean!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Amazed with the control and ride. Views were great...even treetop surfing was cool, max elevation of 2,200 ft awesome

Illinois
22 attraction reviews
“Best thing we did!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Our pilot was Murray. Murray and his team were fantastic and so skilled. The team, arrived on time, set up the balloon promptly and we were off. We flew high and low. He answered questions, told stories, we talked, and laughed the whole time. At the end of our hour Murray prompted us on the descent. It was a piece of cake -- only a very slight bump when we landed. Coolest thing was where we landed --- on what seemed to be a very small patch of dirt next to an Auto Zone. How he managed that landing was amazing! There were 8 in our basket. 5 of the eight were my teenage sons and my husband. The boys loved helping pack up the balloon. For us, it was part of the adventure. Thank you World Balloon!

Only thing......... I wish I knew what amount would be an appropriate tip.

Cimarron, Kansas
“Ballon Ride by" afraid of heights" Lyn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were booked to fly on Tuesday at sunrise but the wind was a little too strong.Pilot Dean and his ground crew are a saftey first crew. We were then booked for they following day. Sunrise over Sandia Peak is worth getting up for. Wedesday was a go. We were able to lay out the ballon and get it set up.The crew even took the kids that were there inside the balloon. Lift was so easy we didnt know we left the ground. Floated low over the forest dropped down over the river . Dean was very entertaining, pointing out the sights along the way. Rose to over 3000ft above the ground and this afraid of heights guy loved every second!After landing,pretty smooth, I thought, Were were allowed to help packup the ballon and then back for orange juice and champane( if you wanted) and snacks.Top Notch ride! Rode the Sandia Peak Tram, Fantastic but this was better!

Amarillo, Texas
“World Balloon is World Class!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I took my 12 year old son up (he resisted the early morning wake-up!). He and I were absolutely mesmorized. Our pilot, Darrell,(ex ABQ police commander!) was congenial, professional, told great stories, and loved his job. That was one of the great experiences of my life. He can fly that thing like a plane! Beautiful countryside, mountains, river, trees. He literally got us right down on the Rio Grande - within a couple of feet. While landing we went right over people's houses while they were having garage sales. It was so cool. I want to take everybody I know over there and do it again!

Visited July 2013
Albuquerque
“Wonderful time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was my second ballon ride. The experience was just as wonderful as the first. All of the staff were wonderful. The ceremony after was fun for all the riders as well as the family and friends who had gathers. Nice that a non alcohol beverage was provided for young people or non drinkers. Thoughtfully of the staff to have cupcakes for the birthdays and the anniversarys that were being celebrated. Would recommend the experience to all!

Visited July 2013