“Great Hotel. Careful on the Security.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2011 Menaul Blvd Northeast, Albuquerque, NM 87107 (Menaul Development Area)   |
Ranked #7 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Phoenix, AZ
“Great Hotel. Careful on the Security.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel is very nice for a La Quinta. It ranks very high in quality, staff, etc. Great breakfast bar, excellent pet facilities. Gym and pool are all great. The rooms are very modern and restful.

I had a bad experience though. My car was broken into. Several items stolen. Unfortunately, another car was broken into that night as well.

The area is not the best. Surrounded by warehouses and commercial businesses.

The responding police officer inferred that this occurs frequently at this La Quinta. I parked my vehicle on the first row. You can't get closer to the hotel. After my rear passenger glass was broken, I looked around and couldn't see any security cameras in the parking lot. Maybe they were there. But if they were, didn't do any good.

Hotel knew what happened. No one came to me and apologized or offered any help. No one offered any room consideration on price. That disappointed me.

Anyway, great hotel... not so great security.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Very nice property with big rooms. Two queen beds with a pull out sofa was perfect for our family of six and one dog. Some pet friendly hotels are run down because of the animals, but this place is in excellent conditions. Really enjoyed that it is close to the freeway. Staff is friendly and hot breakfast is always appreciated.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Logan NM, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I was very favorably impressed with the La Quinta on Menaul in Albuquerque. It was clean and comfortable, and the staff was friendly and made my stay a great one. I noticed a person who was having difficulty with his reservations had the staff working very hard to resolve his problem in a very professional and kind way. I was impressed!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This is the best choice of hotel to stay in Albuquerque, NM. The Staff is always friendly, efficient, and always happy to see you. They truly know that you have many choices of places to stay, and they are always welcoming and happy you chose to stay with them. They do not take your business for granted like many of the other hotels in Albuquerque or other cities for that matter. The property is very well maintained. The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. This place knows what the true meaning of hospitality is all about!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We enjoyed our stay. The motel was clean, the personnel we friendly, and the night clerk helped us find places to eat. The location was perfect for our needs. Parking was plentiful. The breakfast was better than usual.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Julie A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for your review. You are right about our location in that we are 10 minutes from just about anywhere you might want to go here in Albuquerque. Having both I-25 and I-40 just outside our day makes it very convenient. I hope you stay with us again soon. We look forward to taking care of you and your family each time you're here. We look forward to seeing you again!
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Location is great for anyone traveling through Albuquerque on I25 or I40. Hotel is less than half an mile from either interstate and access is very easy. Our room was extremely clean with no stains or strange smells except a little too much air freshener for my taste. One pet area is directly off the main corridor and completely enclosed by a wall. The area is well light which is great for anyone having to walk their dog late at night in an unfamiliar area. I had to walk our dog at 3am and noticed a low beeping noise in the hall outside our door. I told the desk clerk about the noise but said it wasn’t loud enough to bother anyone in their room. He accompanied me back to my room and fixed the beeping immediately.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are always happy to hear when a guest has a great stay. It means we are definitely doing everything right. Taking care of our guests is our top priority. We want everybody to feel safe, settled in, and relaxed after a long trip. We certainly hope you afford us the opportunity to take care of all your hospitality needs every time you visit Albuquerque. It would be our pleasure!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Location was a bit unnerving at first but was totally fine. Staff was great, esp Betty an older lady at front desk. Good cookies! We ordered pizza & had it delivered to the room. No problems, we'd stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. A few of our guests do get the wrong impression about the area where we are located, but when they stop in to stay with us, they have no regrets! With I-25 and I-40 intersecting here, there are a few mechanic shops for travellers whose vehicles (including semis) may break down during their trips; but mostly we are surrounded by numerous other hotels and restaurants. I'm happy to hear you also enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again very soon.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown? Share your experiences!