“Confirming previous ratings, but Wifi not up to standards” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2011 Menaul Blvd Northeast, Albuquerque, NM 87107 (Menaul Development Area)   |
Ranked #7 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Ghent, Belgium
“Confirming previous ratings, but Wifi not up to standards”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We were in a twin queen 1st floor room which was clean and comfortable. Only the internet Wifi connection was unworkable. Every 5 minutes any smartphone, Ipad or laptop was disconnected.
One evening I had to reconnect 27 times, Skype was hopeless. The hotel is located a little isolated from the Interstates exits, although very close by effective distance. Breakfast was great but the breakfast room was very crowded every morning. It seems this LQ is the victim of its own success. The front desk lady was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We truly enjoyed our visit to Albequerque and Santa Fe because of this wonderful Inn. The rooms were enormous, and included every imaginable amenity.(even got a newspaper outside our door each morning). The bathrooms were big, bright and lovely. Ironing board , iron, hair dryer, and refrigerator were just a few of the welcomed extras. The staff on every level couldn't have been more pleasant, and the morning's breakfast offered an abundance of choices to choose from. Great location, close to everything. Was an easy ride to the train station to take the Roadrunner commuter to Santa Fe.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Great location, good clean rooms, great service, dogs allowed. Staying here for an overnighter for a local delivery in the a.m.; my wife and I always like to find the cleanest most affordable location that has semi- truck Parking. Though not as cheap as it should be it is adequate for our taste. Wife says water is 'dry' after exiting the shower which equates to hard water. They are in the process of renovation so maybe the hard water will be eliminated. Pricewise, I would say its not worth anymore than $69.99/ night. Bed is a cozy Simmons Beauty Rest. The best of the best. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We had the manager Julie tell us one thing in the morning and when we went to go talk to Steve in the afternoon about how we paid for a night that we weren't even there he lied to us and said that Julie told him the whole story (when she hadn't even known there was a problem yet) and that he couldn't do anything. I tried to explain to him what happened and he would not let me talk and every time I told him to let me talk he would stop talking but then keep interrupting me so then I asked to speak to a manager and he kept telling me no until my husband came and talked to him and he finally called a manager but would not leave a message and then he began to get very rude with us and threatened to call security to escort us out when he was the one being rude. After a while of going back and forth with this Steve guy I walked by the front and over heard that he was talking about us to someone and realized it was the manager so I asked if I could speak with her and again he was very rude. Once I started speaking to Julie the manager she politely explained to me the "rules" about check in and check out and why I was charged two nights when I only stayed one but my brother was only charges one night. At this time I realized I was going to get no where with any of them because Julie had told me a whole different thing that morning and Steve was just rude and banging his fists together like he was trying to scare us. Julie either lied to me in the morning or she lied in the evening and Steve was just a horrible employee that either need to get better training or just be FIRED. If I had an employee that spoke to ANY costumer the way he was speaking to my husband and I he would get fired on the spot! Julie obviously is not a good manager for letting an employee be that rude! I also was very upset because the hotel was being remodeled and they started to work at 7 in the morning right outside of our door and when we opened the door they had tore up the carpet in front of our door and when we walked out the black stuff on the floor stuck to our feet.

• Stayed May 2013
Deborah C, Director of Operations at La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Anasofiamiksche

Thank you for taking the time to share your side of the situation that occured during your stay. As you are aware your original reservation was booked through Expedia for the evening of the 27th and 28th. Your room was guaranteed for a late arrival on the 27th which meant we would hold your room and not sell it so any other guest that evening until you arrived. Your arrival was way after midnight but before 7am in the morning. Standard hotel operating procedure is you would be charged for the full night of the 27th as explained to you by Expedia and our team. I also need to note that the hotel was at 100 percent occupany the evening of the 27th so had you cancelled your room it would have been sold and not available for you to check into the early hours of the morning.

Your second room arrived the next morning approximately at 6am but before 7am. Technically they should have also had to check out that day at noon. Due to the fact we were not full we extended a courtesy to them and allowed them to stay the entire day. This is not commonly done but is up to the management member on duty. Julie extended that courtesy to your family.

When you asked for a free night from Expedia they refused because you booked for the 27th and 28th and did not cancel before the cancellation policy. We held your room all night on an evening we were 100% full and followed standard protocol. I sincerely apologize if you feel that you did not get your full two days, however this is the reason for cancellation and booking policies. I reviewed our security cameras and did not find that the team members involved were out of line but were just trying to explain the situation to you and your husband that best they knew how as they were unable to give you a free night stay.

I did speak to our construction team about the carpeting issue. I apologize that they did not lay down protective fabric to avoid you getting any type of constrution debris on your feet.

I truly hope that you will continue to use La Quinta Inn and Suites as your lodging choice. If you read our many reviews you will see that this team is not known for rude unfriendly behavior.

Best Regards,
Deborah C
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I would stay at this LaQuinta every time I travel...very clean..friendly..each time I asked staff for help or a question I was answered with respect and my question was answered. Very accomodating for pets as well....great place....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Excellent hotel, very good quality and an extreme value. I was a little worried about it being pet friendly, but the room showed no signs of canine visitors. The front desk was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was very good. I would recommend this place to anyone. It is near the freeway but still very quiet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown? Share your experiences!