“Muy Dog Friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2011 Menaul Blvd Northeast, Albuquerque, NM 87107 (Menaul Development Area)   |
Ranked #7 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
durham, nc
“Muy Dog Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very nice Inn and Suites! It's situated well off the highway so road noise isn't a concern. It has a definite New Mexico flair, with a stone gas fireplace in the lobby. This particular La Quinta is the most dog friendly I've stayed in, with dog biscuits at the front desk and an enclosed courtyard where your dog can run free and stretch his legs. Doggie waste bags are provided and people do a fantastic job of cleaning up after their pets.
My room was clean and very spacious - a suite I suppose - with an extra seating area complete with couch, coffee table and chairs. Very nice.
As always, the beds and bedding were comfy and cozy and I had a good night's sleep.
The fitness room was nice with a treadmill, elliptical machine and weights. There was also an indoor swimming pool and hot tub but unfortunately, I didn't have my suit with me.
Breakfast was great with a hot buffet (eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy), breakfast breads, yogurt, honey and waffles.
The only thing that stands out in a negative way was the front desk clerk was chewing gum like her life depended on it. It made me flash back to when my mom used to tell me how unattractive gum chewing is and how people that chew gum looked like 'cows chewing cud'. Though I'm still not sure what 'cud' is, I have to agree with my Mom on this one.
Attention: This is THE La Quinta Inn and Suites to stay at while in Albuquerque. Don't waste your money on other Albuquerque La Quinta Inns unless you enjoy worrying about being shived in a dirty motel room in your sleep.
FYI: Whole Foods is conveniently located down the street on Carlisle. Be sure to eat at Taco Cabana! There is an excellent dog park off of I 40 called the Tom Bolack Urban Forest Dog Park, they have water.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This La Quinta was very nice, with a very spacious room. When we called to make a reservation for the following night the cashier didn't even try to offer us a normal room...suites only. When I asked whether or not there was other rooms, since we were just blowing through on our way home from the holidays, she ignored the question and offered us the most affordable suite for they had for $88. We definitely weren't happy about it since we were just stopping for the night. Our total bill ended up costing us over $110.
It was a nice room, minimal noise from or naighbors around us, which was very nice being we had a dog.
Nice doggy courtyard for exercise and potty break as well.
And a super nice breakfast that included biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage, and all th regulars.

Greenwood Village, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Having stayed in La Quinta with our dogs before, we were not expecting much. We were wrong. This La Quinta was clean, the staff was so nice, the breakfast was the best we have found at any hotel, and they even had a walled-in court yard for our dogs to run around. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Park Hill, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This was a nice hotel off I 40. Very reasonable and super clean. It had a good continental breakfast. Our shower had an adjustment problem and no hot water which was disappointing after a long day on road. Customer service was excellent and they comped our room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lakeside, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed twice now and both times have had ripped sheets and shower curtains. We were pretty disappointed during our first stay but I didn't end up posting a review about it. On our way through again we decided we would give it a second chance and I even let the receptionist know about what happened during our first stay. She assured me that ripped sheets and shower curtains were not typical and that we needed to notify them if it happened again. So on our way out the next morning my husband let the receptionist know that AGAIN we had the same problem and he said that there was nothing he could do because his manager wasn't there. (Didn't offer to have one call us or even get our names.) so I called back later the same day and the lady who answered the phone (Julie) let me know that it didn't make sense that we've had this happen twice there and that unless the person from this morning let someone know that it's too late to look at the room because its already been cleaned. Basically, she didn't believe what I was saying and went on to say there was no discount applied to our stay which wasn't even the reason I called. No apology or anything. It's very disappointing because up to now we have had great customer service and the hotel is where we travel through often. Had the situation been handled differently we would have stayed again... (Pictures posted)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown? Share your experiences!