“If I didn't own dogs, I'd buy one just to stay here.........” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2011 Menaul Blvd Northeast, Albuquerque, NM 87107 (Menaul Development Area)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 148 Hotels in Albuquerque
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“If I didn't own dogs, I'd buy one just to stay here.........”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

A convenient location which lots of additional conveniences - not the least of which is the friendliness they display toward traveling pets.The boys (dogs) and I were assigned a suite at the end of the hall, close to an access door leading to a pet area that included doggie bags. But that area paled in comparison to the main doggie area, just off the main lobby, that was fully enclosed and gave my dogs plenty of area to run and unwind. Large refrigerator, large living room, microwave, free internet, breakfast included - cheaper than staying at home. A wonderful find for pet friendly travelers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here with family for 2 nights recently while in town for the balloon Fiesta. Check-in and out went smoothly and staff were fairly friendly and efficient. We stayed in a suite with 2 queen beds and a "living room" with a fold out couch. The room was fairly large, decently furnished, and fairly clean. The only real gripe I had was that the rooms were kind of noisy - the fact that staff liked to yell at each other down the hallways didn't help and was definitely a little annoying. The hotel has a nice business center. There is a nice indoor pool with a hot-tub that was kind of gross because it had pieces of algae floating around in it. A good continental breakfast with good quality hot and cold items was included - we truly appreciated La Quinta staff's efforts to have breakfast ready early enough for guests to grab breakfast before heading to the Balloon Fiesta. We also appreciated them extending breakfast about an hour so guests returning from Fiesta could still get something to eat or a hot cup of coffee - Thanks! As others have noted, the hotel is located in a kind of industrial area and you probably would not want to take a walk or jog in the immediate area. There are quite a few sit down and fast food restaurants nearby and decent shopping a few miles away. The hotel provides excellent access to area highways and is reasonably close to Old Town, the museum district, and the Balloon launch area. The room rate was a little pricey but was decent for an Aluquerque hotel during the Balloon Fiesta. Overall, a decent hotel and I will consider staying here again when in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hubby and I stayed one night in Albuquerque and decided on the La Quinta based on all the glowing TripAdvisor reviews. We were thrilled with our decision. The lobby/breakfast area is massive and comfortable and the hotel staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. In fact, almost everyone we encountered in Albuquerque was exceptionally friendly. The hotel is immaculate. The lobby, the rooms, the bathroom were all so clean. We had a king bed room with a massive amount of space for me, the hubbs, luggage, and a small parade if need be. Nice spacious desk, free wi-fi, a very comfortable bed, and an easily adjustable thermostat that kept the room at a nice temperature - quietly. There is a mini-fridge and microwave for enjoying all your green chile entree leftovers. The bathroom is roomy with a large counter and hot high-pressure shower. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay. I would also highly recommend this location if you are traveling with your four-legged fur babies... they seem to be extremely dog friendly and I think I heard one dog bark one time in the morning while we were getting ready. If I'm ever on the road with my pups, I would book here in a heartbeat. The location is also wonderful. I felt like we were a 15 minute drive from just about everything we wanted to do and see. Especially Rebel Donuts - if you're craving a Breaking Bad themed Blue Sky donut.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Coos Bay, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was a wonderful stay for us, although it was just one night in a King room. The bed was perfect, pillows dreamy and the breakfast options were better than some buffets I have paid for!! You won't be sorry for choosing this lq!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Angel Fire, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Best hotel I've stayed at in Albuquerque so far. I booked 1 room online so I called in because i needed 2 and was told they were giving me a better rate than what I booked for. Wow. Saved $20 a room. Hotel was clean, beds comfortable, low noise, helpful & friendly staff. Had the usual hotel breakfast with waffles, yogurt, etc.

• Stayed October 2012
Burleson, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This was one of my favorite hotels on our cross-country drive from San Diego to Cocoa Beach. The rooms were large and comfy, and the breakfast was great. I don't know what was in the vicinity since we arrived late and left early, but you can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Antioch, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed at this La Quinta on our way home from Texas. Very pleased with our room; it was clean, comfortable, spacious, budget friendly and we were able to have our pet with us. They had a nice place for the dog to run around outside and also a fenced area just outside the middle of the hotel (well maintained, but some pet owners did not clean up after their pets...but it was very convenient). We did not have time to use the pool or spa, though it did look very inviting. The hotel was a little ways off I40, but it wasn't difficult to find and there are lots of restaurants nearby. I would recommend this hotel and I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown? Share your experiences!