“Very nice hotel - would stay here again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hockessin, Delaware
“Very nice hotel - would stay here again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

We really liked this hotel. The lobby is quite pretty, as were the rooms. We like that the hotel was decorated with a New Mexican theme and was not like the standard, bland interiors normally seen with hotel chains. The room was quite spacious - we had a living room with a desk, couch, coffee table, TV, microwave, fridge, as well as a separate bedroom with a king bed and desk. The room was clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The staff were helpful when we had problems with our bill. Free breakfast was a nice amenity, though the food itself was just passable. The pool and hot tub were also a nice addition, and were clean with plenty of towels available. The manager's reception (also free) had a nice selection of appetizers and drinks. The location was fine, as long as you have a car to get around the city. My only two complaints are the internet, which was very expensive, and the lack of an airport shuttle - the airport is only a short distance away, and the hotel has a guest shuttle, but we were told that it does not go to the airport. Besides these two issues, this hotel was great and we would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

We stayed in an ES Colorado Springs during this same vacation and ABQ ES was like night and day difference. The lobby is lovely, the breakfast buffet is efficient, clean & staffed with polite employees. Our room was comfortable and very clean. The pool was warm for the kids. I wish we were staying longer! I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Reserve, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

After checking in late in day, I was anticipating a nice, clean room. Disappointment loomed in my future. The sheet on the bed was torn, but I did not report that night and felt very confident the sheets would be changed the next day. That did not happen. Upon returning to the room the second evening, the same sheets were on the bed. I did call the desk at that time requesting they come and place a decent set of sheets on the bed. I was informed that they would bring sheets to me, but I would have to change them as they didn't have housekeepers on sight at 9PM. After paying $140. for staying there I didn't feel it should be up to me to place clean and linens on the bed.
This is also a very noisy hotel -- particularly Friday and Saturday nights. Lot's of children
This was the last time I stayed at this facility.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

I attended a very large business conference at this hotel and the reservation and payment was arranged by one of the top managers. After calling the hotel directly, he was not told that he was being transfered to a central reservation office, or that he was not making payment at that time. I was asked for my credit card when I checked in, and I gave it to them thinking that it was for my personal incidentals. Upon checkout, I was rudely notified that my card would be charged for the entire amount, even though the money was not in my acccount. Needless to say, I was charged hundreds of dollars by my bank the all the businesses that charged me for NSF due to this mix up. In addition, I ran out of gas twice and could not buy food for the rest of the trip because Embassy Suites had cleaned out my account! Although hotel employees told me that this happens all the time, hotel management refused to accept any responsibility for the mix up, and eventually refunded me a mere $50.00 for my trouble!
This is a pathetic way to treat customers and these employees stained Hilton's good name. Although the conference was top notch, I would not wish to stay in a place that treats customers so calously.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

beautiful hotel - wonderful service - well managed. What more can I say

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

After reading some of the reviews, I'm wondering if we just got lucky... We had originally booked a Hampton Inn as we had planned on spending the night in Colorado Springs in route to Albuquerque from Rapid City, SD. However, we decided to drive on through and were not able to get the Hampton for a 3rd night. As a result, Hilton booked us at the Embassy Suites (June 29-July 2, 2010).

The staff was very friendly, and our room was clean and spacious. We did have the breakfast buffet each morning which was merely adequate. We didn't want to wait for a specially made omelet; so, we made do with the buffet. One of the mornings, there was hardly anywhere to sit, and no one was cleaning tables. However, this was not an issue the previous mornings. I was assuming it was due the day being a Friday before a holiday weekend. The business center was also very convenient as I was having to check back with work for a couple of the mornings. Although there was no issue during our stay, the only thing that popped into my mind was the security at the entrances to the convention center as they are not monitored after hours and remain open until 10:00 p.m.

All in all, we had a good stay and I would return.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

We live in ABQ but stayed at the hotel to make it easier to attend the wedding held there. Our party ranged from toddlers to seniors. Because there were so many room reservations there were inevitably a few snags, but every one was resolved to the satisfation of the guest. There was never a wait for check in. The hotel is very nice. The breakfast & managers reception were very good, although only chips & salsa were offered gratis. Any minor (we had no major problems) problem was corrected within minutes. Tabitha, the event coordinator, made sure everything went smoothly for the wedding. The food was good & the servers were unobtrusive & very cooperative. The only glaring failure is the horrible garish carpet in the room used for the wedding/meal/dance. I suppose it has to be that way to keep people attending a meeting there awake. The atrium is lovely. A few quibbles: luggage carts are locked up so they are hard to get, even as a smoker, their smoking room smelled really bad. If your room key-card is next to your cell phone when you get a call or text, it uncodes your key & you have to get it re-coded at the front desk. There were no kitchen utensils at all, not much of a kitchen and the water was $4 a bottle. Oh, our room was too hot and the bed too soft,

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites Albuquerque Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!