“A solid Embassy Suites” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“A solid Embassy Suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is your typical good Embassy Suites - large, clean rooms with most of what you need and expect (very good mattresses, pillows, lots of lighting, etc.); fresh cooked to order eggs, pancakes, etc. for breakfast; happy hour with light refreshments (cheese and crackers, salsa and chips). The staff is very friendly and efficient. We had a minor problem with tub drainage, but it was repaired immediately after reporting it. If you're there as a tourist, it's about 10 minutes by car to Old Town and many restaurants (nothing within walking distance). If you like BBQ, don't miss Rudy's. We enjoyed our stay.

A special note of thanks to Viola Adams, who was particularly attentive during our 3-day visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am thrilled that you had a pleasant experience with all aspects of your stay. I will pass on your comments to our staff, especially Viola, for your kind remarks. Should your travels bring you back to Albuquerque, we would love to be your hotel of choice.

539 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Castle Rock, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were staying there to visit family for a wedding and had very high hopes of a good rest and a clean room! When I requested the window be cleaned the worker said she could not do the outside area. I told her it was "NOT OUTSIDE" and that the window was greasy with finger prints all over both room windows as well as dirty curtains. She shrugged her shoulders and said OK I will try. As I was unpacking the following areas needed cleaning: NOT VERY CLEAN!!! Check windows, check bathrooms, check snack area and check the cleanliness of the refrigerator! I had hoped this would not be the issue because the building appeared to be completely remodeled but there were many, many areas that I felt were not addressed appropriately. We did try room service and the staff was very courteous and fast. So this was a plus!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. I have already passed on your comments to our housekeeping department and we are addressing the issue immediately. It is experiences and feedback such as yours that we are able to provide constant training. I can assure you that this is not the level of service that we like to pride ourselves on. However, I am pleased that you enjoyed your room service and the staff. Again, I would like to thank you for your feedback and hope that you have a wonderful weekend.

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This property is under renovation or they have an ongoing maintenance program. There were 'wet paint' (pintura fresca) signs throughout the lobby.

The good:
Clean, pleasant staff, a nicely done breakfast included.

The neutral:
Managers reception in the early evening is a nice thought but the quality of the food and drink is not worth waiting around for:

The Bad:
The room A/C takes some time to catch up. The thermostat is behind the bedroom door and doesn't refelect the temp in the living area.

Dining options are very limited. Not walker friendly.

I would stay again

Room Tip: I was in a mid level room facing I-25 - worked well for me. Check the thermostat or you may be warm...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly doing preventative maintenance on the building to ensure that we do not become too dated with our product. I am pleased that you enjoyed the staff, as well as, the breakfast. We are currently looking at ways to enhance our manager’s reception to provide a better experience for the guest. In regards to the HVAC Unit, I encourage you to reach out to me so that we can have our engineering team take a look at the room you were in. I can be reached at (505) 353-5349 or by email at kaisha.gurtner@jqh.com. Once again, I would like to thank you for your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

Riverside, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Reserved a 2-bed room. Had confirmation with 2-bed notation; however, upon arrival reservation clerk stated that they did not have a 2-bed room available. I was then told that for a significant additional fee my mom and I could up grade to the executive floor where 2-bed rooms were available. Dissappointed, generally Embassy Suites is the only place to stay......It is still by favorite hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that you were not given your request. I will be talking to the Front Office Team about ways to better handle this and possibly providing a complimentary upgrade to ensure your request is met, if possible. I can assure you, we will re-double our efforts in this regard and want to thank you again for your feedback.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are nicely furnished, comfortable and clean, as is the hotel overall. Breakfast buffet is great overall, though the coffee is weak and tasteless and you have to wait in the omelette line to get bacon or sausage.

Pool is pretty big for a hotel pool and nice.

Service is great. The safe in our room was locked shut when we arrived. The repair guy was in our room within five minutes of calling, and had it working in another five. All very pleasant people to deal with.

I'd be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your room, the breakfast buffet, the pool and our staff. I will be passing your comments on to the appropriate departments – for praise and also for improvement. Should your travels bring you back to Albuquerque, we look forward to having you as our guest once again.

Clifton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The hotel and staff in Albuquerque were outstanding from the time we were welcomed to departure. Every day the hotel staff left water and snacks in our room... a very touch. Despite a busy week the hotel staff never missed a beat. A very nice morning breakfast too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I will be sure to let our staff know about your pleasant experience! Should your travels bring you back to Albuquerque, we hope to be your hotel of choice.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Our stay as always is the best here at the ESH. Clean rooms, The pool area is very nice. No one can beat the comp. breakfast. We have stayed at the Albuquerque ESH over and over again because no one beats the prices. There is always staff ready to help you. WE will spend our summer weekends at ESH in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for the wonderful comments! I am pleased that you enjoy your time with us from the value to the experience. We are looking forward to having you back for the summer!

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque? Share your experiences!