“Not worth the price” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Not worth the price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

First let me say the customer service of the front desk and bell hops are excellent. The bartender was inpatient and rude. I was staying here on business and if given a choice and if I had to pay for it myself I would not stay here. The hotel is showing its age. Every time a neighbor shuts a door you hear it. People walking above you, you hear it. Kids running in the hall you will hear it. The atrium is very nice however it does cause an echo to the whole building. The beds are moderately comfortable. The breakfast bar is okay but I ended up just going down the street and spending the extra money for a fresh breakfast. And having to pay for Internet is just ridiculous I get it for free in the McDonald's parking lot. Not trying to be a cheapskate but if you have to dish the money out of your pocket do yourself a favor and don't spend it here

• Stayed March 2013
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for writing a review – I appreciate the positive feedback in regards to the service at the front desk and the bell staff. We are addressing the issue with our bartending staff. In regards to the property showing its age – we are set for a renovation in the coming months and greatly look forward to be able to offer a better guest experience. The comments about the internet is something that we are providing back to Hilton, as it is their brand standard for all Embassy Suites in a hope to make your voice and other patrons more heard. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Thanks,

507 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Bedford, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I will not stay here again. Probably the worst Hilton Gold experience I've had.

The room reservations was "lost" after waiting for 10 mintes while 2 desk clerks gave concierge attention to a guest about where to eat. When found, it necessitated still a phone call from me to the meeting arranger to get the front desk to release the room to me.

Room service tray left 16 hours in the hallway, despite a call to pick it up.

Bowl in bathroom sink was cracked and black mold was evidence throughout seams in the shower -- something simple bleach and a brush would have solved. The coffee pot in the room didn't brew coffee following instructions. The room would benefit from including a list of TV chanels in the info book.

Bar was small and one bartender working solo on a busy Friday night.

Rooms are comfortably appointed and location is good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor overlooking the city or the mountains.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the perception that my front desk didn’t give your reservation the attention you felt it deserved while they were assisting another guest. Also, that you had to call your meeting planner to release a room. I would like to discuss with you further the circumstance that you had, as typically we only warrant a phone call when you are not listed on the rooming list. We do this as we must have accurate information to maintain the integrity of our billing for any groups that arrive. On another note, we have addressed the room service tray timeliness with our restaurant staff. In regards to the housekeeping issues that you experienced, we are revamping our inspection process and are seeing a vast improvement in that area. Again, I want to thank you for writing a review and invite you to call me so that we may discuss your arrival process more in depth; I can be reached at 505-353-5349.

Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Dealt with these 3:30 am nightly "wake-up calls" for 10 nights - spoke with 3 different hotel staff personnel - even the Kitchen/Dining area Manager - NO RESOLUTION! Did not even offer me a room change!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We always love our stay here... Year after year it is exactly what we hope for. Breakfast is great, something for everyone. My kids enjoy the pool. This time we got a corner room without even asking..... so roomy and comfortable. Beds are perfect. Evening reception is always fun. I can't wait to come back!!!!

Room Tip: Corners are the best and biggest!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
What an awesome review from such a loyal guest! Thank you for your loyalty as it is our pleasure to host you. I am delighted to hear that you are more than satisfied with every stay and we can’t wait to have you back either!

Friendswood, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My family stayed here for one night before catching a flight home. The decor and ambience were great. The hotel suite was large and well equipped. The bar staff opened a bottle of wine for us that had been bought elsewhere with pleasure. The indoor pool was a nice touch.

Room Tip: I suspect all rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. While you were only here for a short time, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax before your flight. I will pass on your appreciativeness to our lounge staff for opening your bottle of wine. Should your travels bring you back, we hope to see you again!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

So much to say about this great stay. First let me say the Embassy Suites has dramatically improved from my stay two years ago. Th cook staff making the made-to-order breakfast every morning, made my egg white omelet perfect every time. The front could be a bit more knowledgable about the To Dos in the area, but clean gym, nice pool, and awesome views. Lots a NM families stay here but all the kids over our 8-day spring break stay we're the best mannered I'd seen in a long time. What is unique to Embassy suites is that every room is a suite with a door! Very important when traveling with kids! Enjoy!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay as the staff is always striving to improve and create a better guest experience. I am happy to hear that our efforts are showing. Also, I am glad that you enjoyed your perfectly cooked omelet, as well as, that it wasn’t too loud and crazy over spring break. On another note, I assure you we will work with our front desk staff to provide better options to guests who would like more things to do. Overall I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again.

Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Was relatively quite during the week until the weekend, but that's expected. Rooms were clean and just like all other Embassy Suites. Did have some issues sleeping with the bed comfort quality. I'm used to the bedding in Hilton's and other Embassy Suites seem to differ between locations. It's not rock hard but the pillows could be softer. It's hard to explain the type of pillow used, maybe firm vs soft. Of all the hotels around the area, this place definately was the nicest of them around.

The gym was adequate for weights and cardio and a bosu ball, pool and jacuzzi great to relax after a long day.

Front desk staff were very informative in recommending places to go and eat since I was alone. (Nob Hill area for restaurants/pubs) Yet they seemed to close early on weekdays and not even open too late on weekends. Downtown if you want to bar hop. A taxi ride is about 7 dollars and one taxi said it was a minimum of 10 since it was under a mile. Definately taxi lots of cops everywhere.

I tried lots of street food and was great too after a night of drinking... The hotel bar gets overwhelmed when busy and lots of un used glasses/dishes left everywhere while one bartender trys to deal. Felt bad for them on busy nights but what can you do...

Parking was great, lots of it since it has a huge convention/conference center attached to the building...

Free breakfast great too with a "daily" special of some type.

Room Tip: The freeway side is noisy so ask for a non freeway side unless you like white noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and your nice comments to all aspects of our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also pleased that although you were here for work, you got to get out of the hotel and enjoy your Albuquerque experience! Should your travels bring you back to Albuquerque, we hope to be your hotel of choice. Again, thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive review!

Front Office Manager

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque? Share your experiences!