“Fabulous hotel experience” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cobham, United Kingdom
“Fabulous hotel experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Oh my goodness what a fabulous hotel - the best on our 3 week, 12 hotel trip of the four corner states and california. There is an enormous internal atrium with foliage, waterfalls, sculptures etc and this houses the restaurants and bars. It is the most delightful place to be for breakfast a drink or dinner. The rooms are really big and my adult daughter slept on the bed in the lounge and was more than comfy. Although it has to be said the air con is not very effective - and it wasnt even massively hot when we were there. The staff are really really helpful and the hotel is handy for the old town, downtown, the interstate and particularly the hospital (unfortunately why we were there). The breakfast is brilliant with a full hot breakfast including egg and pancake station - 10 out of 10 - and a lovely fresh fruit section. They still have a real happy hour too - called the managers happy hour - when you get free soft drinks or cocktails or beer and hors doevres. Scrummy. And we highly recommend the hotel for dinner too - brilliant south western cuisine particularly the fish tacos and green chilli stew, queso fondura (?) and the best enchiladas we have ever had - all surrounded by trees and water as if you are outside. Wonderful . Worth a trip even if you are not staying at the hotel

Room Tip: they have lots of rooms that do not face the interstate - then you get lovely views
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to personally thank you for being our guest during your three week vacation over multiple states! Although you had some issues with our air conditioning in the rooms, we hope that our staff was able to accommodate you and resolve the issue in a timely manner. On a more positive note, you mentioned that you thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast, happy hour, and dinner – that is wonderful to hear as we constantly strive to provide an exceptional guest experience. We would like to thank you for your feedback and hope that should your travels bring you back to Albuquerque, that you will visit us again.

Yours in Hospitality,

Kaisha S. Gurtner
Front Office Manager

507 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Acworth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I'm staying here for work after staying several times at the various hotels around the Sunport airport. There is no comparison. This hotel is right off I-25 in a nice area and is a great clean hotel. Great service from the staff and excellent exercise equipment.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Embassy Suites Hotel and Spa. The hotel is centrally located in downtown Albuquerque and is only 10 minutes away from the Sunport Airport. We appreciate your feedback.

Embassy Suites Team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

The Rooms were very spacious and clean the bed was comfy and the pullout bed was big and comfy very nice breakfast before we hit the road back home to Kansas, Warning it is hard to find a good place for dinner unless you want to eat the hotels overall a exptional hotel

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Jack,

I am glad you enjoyed your suite and the overall hotel accommodations. We are glad you were able to benefit from our complimentary cooked to order breakfast before heading out on the road. Thank you for staying at the Embassy Suites Hotel and Spa. We hope you visit us again.

Safe Travels,

Cherokee, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Upon check-in the staff was very friendly. They answered all of the questions that I had about the surrounding area, things to do, and Albuquerque local culture/attractions.

Walking to my room - I was in awe of the beauty of the hotel and all it's splendor. When I arrived at my room - I was absolutely delighted at how spacious, clean, and how well planned the room layout was. Since I was on a business trip it was great to see a desk with an office chair and a setup conducive to conducting business and working from my room. The environment was perfect for work and relaxing too! The room was immaculate, very neat, and extremely well organized.

We attended meetings here at the conference center and the facilities were great! There is a restaurant in the hotel and a shop that sells pre-made sandwiches/salads. I was disappointed in the Manager's Reception hors d'oeuvre - it was a few vegetables, super HOT spicy "Bar Mix," chips/salsa, and drinks. Complimentary breakfast was good but got very repetitive over several days with minimal or no change in menu. The meal that was offered as part of the conference center was entirely too spicy by all standards and not enjoyable because of it.

The only major drawback to this property is location - there are no restaurants within what I would consider a distance that I would feel comfortable walking to - since the hotel is in what seems to be more of an industrial park district. Cab fares tend to run very high in ABQ in comparison to Washington, DC for example. All in all, if I had a rental car, my personal car, or if this was a short duration trip - this would be an excellent property (minus the HOT, spicy food).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay! It's so refreshing to hear that our valued guests have a great time at our property. I am happy you were able to relax while on business and hope you can come back to visit us soon.
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Albuquerque Embassy Suites. We appreciate your feedback.
Airdrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is a diamond in the rough. A little tough to get to, especially if you are new to the area. Once you are there though, this hotel is fantastic. Very open, great natural lighting through the skylight, and a very good restaurant on site.

The staff seem like they truly enjoy working here, from the front deal staff, to the room staff, as well as the other staff.

The hotel is close to Old Towne, the airport, UNM, and Nob Hill. Also close to the 40 so makes it very easy to get almost anywhere in the city.

• Stayed November 2012
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Hotel and Spa Albuquerque. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you back soon.

Regards,

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a couple of weeks, very comfortable place, great staff and great room. This hotel is in a great location, just on the outskirts of downtown, right off of the freeway. I stayed on the top floor (the only floor with balconies). The room was nice sized and very comfortable. Not a huge living room area but not terribly small either, the bedroom was large and the balcony is off of the bedroom with a great view of the downtown skyline if you get a room on that side of the hotel.

The hotel staff was incredible, they were so helpful. One lady in particular who worked in the breakfast buffet was wonderful, she reminded me of an aunt, just a sweet lady. When I was there it was cold and snowed a couple of days, I caught a cold and stayed in my room that day, I ran out of medicine and was not excited about going out at midnight in 20 degree weather. I went downstairs but the convenience store was closed! One of the hotel staff, opened it up, got me some cold medicine and didn't charge me!!

I'll definitely stay here when I'm in Albuquerque!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor, they are the only rooms with balconies.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
EmbassyABQ, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Hotel and Spa during your visit to Albuquerque. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the location of your suite and the view of the city’s skyline. Getting sick is always disappointing especially when you are away from home. I am delighted to hear our staff made you feel welcome and at home.
We hope to see you soon.

Regards,

Jemez Springs, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

I got to stay at this hotel while my husband was attending a conference there. Great getaway! The room is large..separate living area and bedroom. There is a free "managers reception" from 5:30-7:30 every night where you can get free beer, wine or cocktails. There's chips, salsa and veggies, also. Very nice. Also included is a complimentary hot breakfast buffet every morning. There's even a remarkable chef making omelettes to order. The hotel is centrally located and close to lots of wonderful restaurants.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I am happy you were able to join your husband during his conference at the Albuquerque Embassy Suites. There is much to see and do in the city. The hotel is centrally located which allows are guests easy access to main streets as well as the highway. Our manager’s reception and free breakfast are always a plus when staying here.

At your service,

Teresa Garcia

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque? Share your experiences!