“Great hotel in a good location” 5 of 5 stars

Up Up and Away Package
Ranked #27 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Airdrie, Canada
“Great hotel in a good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is a diamond in the rough. A little tough to get to, especially if you are new to the area. Once you are there though, this hotel is fantastic. Very open, great natural lighting through the skylight, and a very good restaurant on site.

The staff seem like they truly enjoy working here, from the front deal staff, to the room staff, as well as the other staff.

The hotel is close to Old Towne, the airport, UNM, and Nob Hill. Also close to the 40 so makes it very easy to get almost anywhere in the city.

• Stayed November 2012
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Hotel and Spa Albuquerque. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you back soon.

535 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a couple of weeks, very comfortable place, great staff and great room. This hotel is in a great location, just on the outskirts of downtown, right off of the freeway. I stayed on the top floor (the only floor with balconies). The room was nice sized and very comfortable. Not a huge living room area but not terribly small either, the bedroom was large and the balcony is off of the bedroom with a great view of the downtown skyline if you get a room on that side of the hotel.

The hotel staff was incredible, they were so helpful. One lady in particular who worked in the breakfast buffet was wonderful, she reminded me of an aunt, just a sweet lady. When I was there it was cold and snowed a couple of days, I caught a cold and stayed in my room that day, I ran out of medicine and was not excited about going out at midnight in 20 degree weather. I went downstairs but the convenience store was closed! One of the hotel staff, opened it up, got me some cold medicine and didn't charge me!!

I'll definitely stay here when I'm in Albuquerque!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor, they are the only rooms with balconies.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
EmbassyABQ, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Hotel and Spa during your visit to Albuquerque. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the location of your suite and the view of the city’s skyline. Getting sick is always disappointing especially when you are away from home. I am delighted to hear our staff made you feel welcome and at home.
We hope to see you soon.

Jemez Springs, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

I got to stay at this hotel while my husband was attending a conference there. Great getaway! The room is large..separate living area and bedroom. There is a free "managers reception" from 5:30-7:30 every night where you can get free beer, wine or cocktails. There's chips, salsa and veggies, also. Very nice. Also included is a complimentary hot breakfast buffet every morning. There's even a remarkable chef making omelettes to order. The hotel is centrally located and close to lots of wonderful restaurants.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I am happy you were able to join your husband during his conference at the Albuquerque Embassy Suites. There is much to see and do in the city. The hotel is centrally located which allows are guests easy access to main streets as well as the highway. Our manager’s reception and free breakfast are always a plus when staying here.

At your service,

Alamogordo, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

$150 a night and I have to pay for internet? I get free internet at a $49 Hotel. The hotel is awesome, the food is great, but I can't open a window and get fresh air. You have to sign a legal (?) form saying that you won't smoke in a non-smoking room ($250 charge), you won't make noise (ejected) and you won't steal anything. OK, the free breakfast is fantastic and the open bar from 5:30 to 7:30 makes staying here tolerable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We know there are many options out there and we appreciate you choosing the Embassy Suites Hotel and Spa while visiting Albuquerque. The hotel offers great amenities both in and outside of our suites. All of our suites have a coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave. Plus, all of our guests are encouraged to join us at our complimentary Manager’s Reception each evening as we all as breakfast each morning.

We want to make sure all of our guests are comfortable during their stay. The noise and room policy waiver that you are asked to sign at check in enables us to do so. Also all of our 9th floor suites have a balcony. There is an additional charge for those suites but if you are looking for fresh air they are ideal.

We appreciate your feedback.

Assistant Front Office Manager
Sun City West, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Our Photo Club stayed here 10/6 and 10/8 (with a night in Taos in between). This was during the Balloon Fiesta. If we have a choice of where to stay, it is Embassy Suites. Always worth a little extra money. Staff is superb -- helpful and friendly. Happy Hour and Breakfast the best. The rooms are spacious and inviting. The lobby atrium is huge and visible from all floors. I don't believe there could be a bad room in the entire place. Service was slow in the restaurant even though it was not very crowded. Everyone seemed happy with their menu selection. On our second night there, my husband and I opted for the Cobb Salad offered in the Cafe. It was large enough to share. We also shared a large cookie and a bottle of Coke and dined in our room for $10. Unless you have to have a hot meal, this is the way to go -- tasty and a real deal -- and in the privacy of our suite.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Barb,

Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites while visiting Albuquerque. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and happy hour. The hotel has something to offer everyone, especially when it comes to dining options. Caffeina’s has a variety of sandwiches and salads to enjoy as well as snacks. We also have a large menu to choose from at our restaurant Cyprus Grill and the Cyprus Lounge.

We appreciate your feedback and love the pictures you took of the atrium.

Coral Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I find it concerning that I did not receive a survey regarding my stay and there is no contact, other a phone number, to provide feedback regarding this Embassy Suites. Perhaps that is because they already know that the quality for price at Embassy Suites is declining. During the first segment of the vacation that ultimately took me to the Albuquerque Embassy Suites, I stayed at Hampton Inn in Carlsbad, New Mexico. When I arrived home, I found a survey from that Inn where I could tell them how delightful it was to spend my nights at their facility.

That is not the case with Albuquerque Embassy Suites. Here is why:

1. The bath was not clean. It had been given a superfluous wipedown, but had not seen serious cleaning in some time. The soap dish held a prior guests' residue, there was a moldy section of caulk in the tub, there were blonde hairs behind the faucet. I am a brunette.

2. The carpet was never vacuumed. Had I noticed the first night, I would have left immediately. I even left a cracker on the floor beneath a lamp to see if it was ever collected. After four more nights it was still there. I heard vacuums running twice in my five night stay and both times were in the atrium. NEVER, NEVER in one of the rooms of the corridors outside the rooms.

3. The LodgeNet TV remote was impossible to operate. And there was NO TV in the early morning when I woke to check the weather which leads me to item 4. Are you kidding me?

4. Charging for Internet access in the room? You have to be kidding. I had free Internet in every other facility I stayed including the aforementioned Hampton Inn. I complained to the front desk stating that I could go to a truck stop or a coffee shop, not spend a dime and have WIFI. The second complaint I made resulted in the WIFI charge being comp'd for my stay, but not until the front desk clerk told me that was how Embassy Suites is set up and I had to acheive a higher status to have it automatically free.. That is absolutely ridiculous, especially since the TV was not accessible early in the day.

5. When I arrived, I wanted to use the luggage cart and deliver my own luggage since I had to sort through the bags in my car. I was told by the valet that he only had one cart and he had to deliver. I shrugged, thinking this is ridiculous, but allowed him to handle my bags because I had no choice.

6. The pillow on my bed was so musty that I had to ask it to be replaced. The stench was overwhelming and caused me to place the pillow in the bath during the night. Surely any person would smell that when changing bed linens. But no one had.

7. The best part of my stay was the breakfast chef. He was accomodating, smiling always and a breath of fresh air. I am sorry I did not think to get his name so that I could personally recognize him as a singular rainbow in an otherwise depressing Embassy Suites.

I am sure that I will return to other Hilton members, but Embassy Suites will never see my business again if I can help it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your visit. I am disappointed to hear that you had issues with the cleanliness of your suite as well as problems with your television. On a positive note I am glad our breakfast staff was able to brighten the beginning of your day.

If you would like to discuss your visit further, please do not hesitate to contact me at teresa.garcia@jqh.com. We appreciate your feedback as guest satisfaction is our priority and we will make sure the issues you encountered during your stay do not repeat themselves.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Overall this is one of the best Embassy Suites ive ever stayed at! The breakfast was great, the bar was superb and the meeting room was perfect! The only issue i had was the unclean sink by the fridge. It wouldnt drain so i took out the plug and the underside of it was all crudded up with some sort of rotting tomato pieces and for $200 plus a night, that is not acceptable. But that was the only problem and thats not really terrible, just disappointing. The staff was professional as could be and even the younger folks that worked there were top notch! This Embassy is certainly a gem in the desert out there and one of the best in the Hiltons franchise group! I absolutely would recommend everyone try it if they are passing through Albuquerque!!

• Stayed September 2012
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
We are flattered by your wonderful comments about our staff and hotel. I am terribly sorry about the sink being clogged but I do hope we were able to address any problems you had during your stay. Thank you for staying with us and recommending the Albuquerque Embassy Suites.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque? Share your experiences!