“Very nice Embassy Suites” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel is 100% Non Smoking
Ranked #25 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Austin, Texas
“Very nice Embassy Suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I always try to stay here when I am in Albuquerque. The vallet, front desk folks, and house keeping staff are great. The rooms are well furnished with a Southwestern theme and very clean. The manager's reception drinks are trailer park brand liquor...............but FREE!!! The food in the dining room is actually very good for an Embassy Suites. Room service is good (same menu as the restaurant) and very quick.

Room Tip: Stay on the city view side if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque, responded to this review, May 26, 2012
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites when traveling to Albuquerque. I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon!

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I was blown away by the customer service in the restaurant on 14 May late night. In Albuquerque for my twin nieces' graduations from Volcano Vista High School, we walked into the hotel (where I was staying) to have a late night snack after the graduation. The manager and staff sat our large group in the restaurant and the waitress went out of her way to ensure we enjoyed our food and beverages. Additionally, one of our party arrived very late and the waitress accommodated his meal choice.

You will note that I have posted about my bad experiences at this hotel prior -- room not cleaned, lack of continuity of service, etc. This time we had no blow dryer in the room (a plate on the wall without a blow dryer), clocks in the room that had not been forwarded 6 weeks ago with the time change, lack of amenities in the room, etc. after being assured by the front desk clerk that the room was checked by two managers prior to my arrival! My main issue about this hotel has always been do a daily maid service of the room.Often times, on repeated stays, the room is simply not clean after we have been out of it for 12-18 hours! All that said, the waitress, chef, and manager at the hotel might have just turned my opinion of this property. Thanks for a good experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. Despite my platinum status, I have yet to be given one.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

This is pretty much your standard Embassy Suites.

Rooms are basically the same as other Embassy Suites. I was fortunate to stay on the top floor, so I had a nice balcony looking out over downtown ABQ along with the sunset.

The free breakfast and happy hour were both great - but dont get to breakfast too late, they start closing down some of the items.

The fitness center is good, not great. 2 ellipticals, 2 treadmills, a bike and some free weights. They also have weighted balls, but not a lot of room to move around. Why can't hotels also have a foam roller? (I'm going to start putting this in all reviews - they only cost $15!)

Valet/Bellman and front desk service was great. Housekeeping, however, is another story. I had the DND on my door and was in the process of getting ready - definitely not in a state that I would like someone walking in on me in - and despite the DND hanging, they knocked and came in quickly. WHATS THE PURPOSE OF HAVING A DND?!?!

Other than that, would probably stay here again. Minus the gym/pool at the Doubletree, the rest of the hotel was better.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize on behave of our Housekeeping Department in regards to the disturbance. We will share your comments with our staff. We look forward to your next visit.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I like the Embassy Suites, in fact I am a big fan of the Hilton Family. The Embassy Suites in Albuquerque, NM has real potential. If they could get a hold of the customer service issue, and employee accountability. I would definately, be a huge fan. The spa service was great even the customer service was great, after you get passed the receptionist. The products they use are phenomenal. I am definately not counting the Embassy suites out, I believe they will get it together and be a strong contestant. The southwestern style of the rooms is a little outdated for my taste as but the rooms were very clean!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
EmbassyABQ, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words, and for your loyalty to the Hilton Family. We, at the Embassy Suites Albuquerque Hotel & Spa, are constantly striving to exceed our guests’ expectations in every way. I am truly concerned about your experience with a lack of customer service as you’ve stated, and would like to personally apologize for not meeting your expectations. Our mission at Spa Botanica is to provide true comfort and serenity, and I’m happy to hear that you were pleased with your treatment. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience to discuss your experience with us.

Julie Santi

Spa Director
North Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

This Embassy Suite hotel is part of a big chain , of course, but it has the atmosphere of a family run hotel, All the staff were warm, helpful and very welcoming.

The pool and Spa was immaculate and the breakfast, cooked to order by an amazing dual capacity chef (female), was one of the best in the group.

A lovely new site and a good location.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
I am glad to hear you enjoyed the atmosphere at the Embassy Suites Hotel and Spa. We pride ourselves on having some of the friendliest staff in the city. Our staff awaits your return!

Staff travels,

Embassy Suites Team
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights on our babymoon. Check-in and out was very smooth. Staff was very friendly and helped us find fun things to do in the area. The spa at the hotel was incredible and the staff even more so. We had a wonderful trip and will definitely stay again next time we visit Albuquerque.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on your baby! I am glad to see you were able to have a good time in Albuquerque during your baby moon. Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites; hope to see you again soon.

Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

The hotel offers free breakfast buffet and a manager's special! That was great! The hotel is nice with friendly staff. They did kicked us out of the pool to add chemicals to it, I feel they could have waited til we were finished. Then we had a long wait for service in the cocktail lounge area, the waitress kept disappearing for long periods of time. Bell men were scarce and did not offer to help you. Our room was dirty, our socks were black on the bottoms and it smelled like smoke. It was supposed to be non-smoking room. The view off our balcony was great! Overall, not a bad hotel they just need to train employees to offer better service, then it would be great. (and clean better)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
EmbassyABQ, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
Thank you for your review.
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your view as well as the breakfast and manager’s reception.
We appreciate your business and will address the issues you mentioned.

Regards,

Teresa Garcia

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque? Share your experiences!