“Excellent value--okay for clean freaks!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #2 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Lake Jackson, Texas
“Excellent value--okay for clean freaks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This hotel took me by surprise because it's really on par with a higher tier hotel (like a Hyatt) than a Holiday Inn Express or Drury (which is what I expect from Hampton). This hotel still has that "new hotel smell," and all the finishes are upscale, new and modern. I'm a self-professed germ-phobe, so cleanliness is very important to me. Like a crazy person, I always pull back bedding to inspect before climbing in. While I did find a dark hair on a pillow, everything else was spotless (and white bedding made me feel confident in this). After wiping down the remote, I felt calmer and more relaxed than I had in any other hotel on my road trip. By the way, the room TV was large and there were about 400 channels--more than I expect from at hotel at this price point. Breakfast was usual fare--nothing to write home about, and a bit spare around 9:15, but that was expected. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jay B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albuquerque North/I-25, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you were comfortable in the room. We have an AMAZING housekeeping team and I am very proud of the rooms they produce. In fact, in a recent Hilton inspection, the housekeeping department scored a perfect 100%. INCREDIBLE!! I hope that you will come and stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I was in town for a conference and it was the perfect room for resting. Quick and friendly check in, and the beds were so comfortable I could have slept all day! The staff was great, even the housekeeping staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is also great, the eggs and potatoes were A+ quality. Will definitely be staying here in the future!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Jay B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albuquerque North/I-25, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thanks for the positive review! I read each and every comment that comes in and I am happy that you liked our hotel and the team. I believe that I have the best team in Albuquerque and they are committed to "HAMPTONALITY" . I am sorry that your stay was short and hope that you will come and see us again when you can stay longer!! Thanks again for your time!
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

After a long day of travel this property was spot on. Front desk was in the middle of shift change but quickly checked me in and directed me to the nearby restaurants within walking distance. It is off the interstate so some road noise but nothing unruly.
It's fairly new and rooms are nice and modern. This is where I would stay in ABQ.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed our hotel and the service we provided to you. I am excited to learn that you will make our hotel "the place to stay" when you are in Albuquerque,. I hope to see you again in the future.
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

After a VERY long day of dealing with airports and storms.. I arrived at the Hampton Inn.

A employee was standing out in the foyer area and greeted me.

He was very friendly and found the reservation right away.

The room was exactly what was reserved and the bed was very comfortable. There was a note above the bed, letting you know the comfortable was changed.. Nice little touch.

The breakfast area was very well stocked and plentiful. The General Manager was walking around and speaking with the customers, making sure they were pleased.

A very nice hotel with comfortable beds.. What more could you ask for?

Well.. Maybe the cookie at check-in, but they are not provided on weekends..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel and the team. We are thrilled when we find out that we were able to "WOW" the guest. Looks like the only thing missing was the cookie. I hope that when you come back to Albuquerque, you will stop and see us again. Cookie Guaranteed!!
Los Alamos, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Can't brag enough about the front desk hospitality and shift managers. The room was nice and clean. It is close to several nice restaurants - Thai, Mediterranean, Burger Rush, Waffle & Chicken, plus it is central to movies. The breakfast was just okay. The omelets were okay, but will leave the scrambled eggs alone. We are going back though. Boston's is close by with great food and a nice bar.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jay B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albuquerque North/I-25, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thanks for the kind words regarding our hotel. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed yourself and will return. We are lucky to be in such a great area of town and boast many places to eat and things to do. We do hope to see you again soon!! Thanks again for your time!
Arcata, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Clean, friendly, efficient Hotel. Breakfast buffet above average, rooms modern and very clean. Good restaurants nearby. Pool small but well cared for. Really liked the chocolate cookies upon arrival and the 100% satisfaction guarantee. I would compare with LOFT hotels that my family likes to start at, but at a half of the price.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jay B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albuquerque North/I-25, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thanks for your time! I am happy that you enjoyed our hotel and the service that we provided to you. I hope that when your travels bring you back to the Albuquerque area, you will stop and see us again. As always, we will have the cookies ready and waiting for you. Thanks again for the kind words.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

My wife and I use Hilton properties whenever we can. We find them to be clean and willing to do whatever they can do make our stay enjoyable. This motel I would say rate better than most as far as the quality of the room décor. Of course it is one of Hiltons new properties and so one would expect to see a more modern design. The only problem I have with all hotels that serve breakfast is most are the same and really do nothing for me. Coffee and some fruit is about all we can handle of what is offered. All in all we will continue to look to Hilton for the most clean and comfort in a room.

Room Tip: It is always best to stay on the top floor if one can.