“Great food Great people” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 1,502 restaurants in Albuquerque
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Great food Great people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I love this place and can't get enough. Chili is hottest in town and Toys special is amazing. Love their salsa and chips. Even have great salad. During their holidays the pumpkin roll is a must.

90% Recommend
Albuquerque,NM
“1st Time - Not So Much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

After reading the reviews I decided to give this restaurant a try. First of all let me say that the restaurant is a bit out of the way as it is in the far southwest area of Albuquerque, approximately 7miles from the center of the city of downtown Albuquerque. I guess it's close if you live in the area. Second, I'm a fairly decent cook and enjoy good foods. While I'm sure the people that own and run this restaurant are wonderful individuals, I go to a restaurant for the cuisine, not the social ambiance. The setting is that of a cross between fast food, where you order your food from a menu at the counter, to antique southwestern with hardwood chairs and broad base tables. Not unpleasant, but nothing really special for this area. Let us talk about the food now. I don't really know where all of you have been eating, but all I can assume is that it has been in restaurants that serve mediocre food. What I ordered, at the counter, was the "Chicken Fried Chicken", expecting a delicious hand battered chicken breast, what I received instead was a commercially battered oval piece of chicken like you may buy at the fast food section of any local chain supermarket. I couldn't decide if the mash potatoes where instant or homemade, but there were plenty of them. All in all, this is not a restaurant to go out of your way in order to enjoy a meal. Just an honest opinion.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good family restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Heard about this place through Trip advisor and it did not disappoint. Owner is very friendly and the food (meatloaf dinner) was outstanding. Very good for the money. Would go back.

Albuquerque
“Great family dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

As an appetizer we ordered the guacamole and chips which was fresh and had a nice jalepeno bite. The lg. green chile cheeseburgers are delicious and the beef patties are like you would make at home. My salad was crisp and colorful. The kids ordered nuggets and a cheeseburger. We concluded the meal with a to die for moist chocolate cake. The owners and staff are always nice, friendly and attentive. The dinning area is clean as are the restrooms. They also have seasonal pumpkin rolls which I LOVE. I will be back later this fall for the pumpkin rolls and will get a green chile cheeseburger. I also would like to try the sweet smelling natillas next time. I was just too full to eat any more.

• Visited September 2012
Tarrytown, New York
“Nice people average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Not bad not great just average. Nothing wrong with that but this restaurant is way out on the outskirts of town so you really have to go out of your way and I just didn't think it was worth the trip.
I had the meatloaf with mashed potatoes and they were good but not great. I will say the side salad was very fresh which I always consider a good sign. My GF had the green chile cheeseburger and it too was good but not great. Not a big juicy patty but kinda flat and a bit overcooked.
So the food was not great but not terrible. I will say the people working there were really nice, but unless your driving by on the way to or from someplace it's not really worth a special trip.