“Nothing to write home about and a little disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Vivace
3118 Central Ave SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106-2216 (Nob Hill)
505-268-5965
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Windsor, Canada
“Nothing to write home about and a little disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

I guess I should stick to southwest cuisine in New Mexico. My two companions were disappointed in their entrees. The canneloni in one was overdone for one and the other complained that her fish was rather bland. As for myself I had spaghetti and meatballs and it, too, was not very exciting.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Pasta from a Box?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I expected an Italian culinary delight and was disappointed by a dish of what appeared to be chilimac that my mom made when I was growing up. A thin sauce that that did little cover the taste of boxed or frozen pasta, with so little meat it was more like a condiment. The others we dined with had similar dishes. Overpriced for this type of meal, very disappointing, although no one said anything because the company of our group was great. I doubt any of us will return for a reprise.

Visited March 2012
Edgewood, New Mexico
“Wonderful flavors and always a great way to cap an evening out.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I enjoy going to Vivace after the symphony. Last night we enjoyed Mista salads which are always fresh and just so simply good. Then the entrees arrived. I had the Bowtie pasta with smoked salmon, asparagus, and red bell peppers. The sauce is creamy and the whole dish is just a wonderful mix of flavors. My husband had the spaghetti with homemade meatballs and tomatoes. Another simple dish that explodes with flavor. We both took home half our meals. The portions are generous and the prices are very reasonable. Service was good and attentive. We'll be back for sure...

Albuquerque
“Disappointing waiter service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I've eaten here several times and have always had impeccable service. Sadly, four of us who were celebrating a friend's birthday ended up with a barely functioning waiter. He did not refill water glasses without being asked, empty plates were not cleared away in a timely manner and his whole demeanor seemed to be that he wanted to be somewhere else. The food was delicious as always, but the poor service marred the evening.

• Visited February 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Amazing fungi salad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I really enjoy this place. I go for lunch in between classes sometimes. I usually get a salad and an appetizer or a soup. The pasta is great too. The prices are moderate to higher but are well worth it in flavor! Great atmosphere, sometimes the waitstaff can be a bit "snooty" but overall I really enjoy this place!

• Visited August 2011