“A bit of the French Riviera in Old Town” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Crepe Michel

La Crepe Michel
400 San Felipe St NW Ste C2, Albuquerque, NM 87104 (West Old Town)
(505) 242-1251
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Old Town
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“A bit of the French Riviera in Old Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Portions of Old Town require you to hoof it and La Crepe Michel is worth the few dozen feet to get to its little corner. A delicious menu and patio dining! A+

Visited August 2012

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Albuquerque. Delicious, authentic french food tucked away in a charming little old adobe in Old Town. I've been going there for over 20 years - for special occasions and when visiting Old Town with out-of-town friends. The french onion soup is yummy. The fresh-baked bread is crusty and so tasty. (Try the Martinelli's sparkling apple cider). I love the smoked salmon crepe with fresh grated green apples and it's side salad dressed with delicious mustard vinaigrette. Also the mussels are very good. The quiches are always delicious although I miss the crust. BEST of all, treat yourself to my favorite dessert ANYWHERE: their three-cream crepe! Sinfully delicious cream filling with a delectable touch of lemon zest. Yum yum yum!

IMPORTANT: If you go for dinner, get one of the specials posted on the chalkboard. I've seldom been disappointed over the years, but on those rare occasions it has always been when I've ordered off the menu for dinner rather than selecting one of the dinner specials.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Rosa, California
“True to Their Claim---Delicious with Gluten-Free Options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Tucked away in an alley in Old Town, this little gem of a bistro served up a reasonably priced lunch for my husband (not needing GF) and me. The waitress said, "We cater to you guys!" when I explained my own GF requirement. She thoroughly went through the menu, advising me on which items were safe and which were off-limits. The vinaigrette (the mustard seeds visible and flavorful) on the house salad was one of the best dressings I've ever tasted. The buckwheat crepe, stuffed with spinach and cheese, was light and tasty, without the sometimes bitter taste of buckwheat (and unlike another French bistro in town, does not have any wheat or other gluten in it). There is a short but interesting selection of French wines (only) by the glass and again , the waitress was helpful in her recommendation of a crisp white burgundy to complement the crepe. For dessert, the crepe suzette was only OK---the sauce seemed a bit runny and the texture of the buckwheat crepe didn't seem to work as well in a delicate dessert. My partner raved about the daily special, while gazing longingly at a nearby diner's quiche, deciding then to come back...which, will be soon and often!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dutchman i New Mexico
“Tucked away in Old Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Once per year we have lunch at La Crepe Michel to celebrate the anniversary of our first date. And what a nice place to come back to. Quite authentic french but not pretentious at all. There may be more exquisite restaurants but at La Crepe Michel the price is right, too. Our favorite appetizer is the pate, and the salads come with a lovely mustard vinaigrette. As for the main dish, try the moules frites. Add to that a nice wine list with quite affordable choices. We'll be back next year!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ripon, UK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best mussels in the world... so far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We loved the setting, the food, the music, the waiters... We went back two times in the 3 days we were in Albuquerque

Visited January 2013