“Always Retro Good” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Albuquerque
“Always Retro Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2008

Retro good. A menu from the 60's. We dine here once or twice a year. This time was my birthday [myself and my wife and two old friends].

When we dine alone my wife and I usually have the Chateaubriand. This time we also all went for beef (the Henry IV, Petite Fillet, and Steak au Poivre twice]. All were excellent.

Appetizers were oysters, both Rockefeller and raw..wonderful. A bottle of Champagne and one of Zinfandel. Deserts good but , admittedly, not fantastic. With Gratuity, the bill came to $305.

Absolutely worth it. Well over 2 hours of good company and dining pleasure.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Very romantic setting. Food and service are excellent.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

Very romantic setting. Food and service are excellent.

Chicago
“This place defines great dining in Albuquerque”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2008

Evidently the cockroaches mentioned in a recent review were gone by the time my party had arrived. The Antiquity was one of the most memorable dining experiences that I know I will ever have. Its quaint atmosphere gives a sense of privacy more than a feeling of enclosed or tight spaces. In reviewing the menu, it was evident that many of the recipes are original and cater to the finer tastes of dining out with good friends. Some of our meals were requested with modified ingredients, which was discussed at some length with (presumably) the owner which helped us better understand the reason for using certain spices, flavors, etc. The personalized attention given to the meal was appreciated by all. The service is not too pesty, yet our waiter was able to keep the evening moving at just the right pace. I live in Chicago known for its fine dining. I found the Antquity, in comparison, deserves a tribute along side of the best in Albuquerque.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Our Favorite Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2008

For most of our special events (graduations, birthdays, special guests from out of town, the night my husband proposed, anniversaries, etc.) we have gone to and will continue to go to Antiquity.

I cannot recommend the following highly enough: Oysters Rockefeller or on the half-shell or the Escargot, the special salad with goat cheese croûtons (if it's still available), the Henry IV, and the Polyczenta! YUM YUM! The perfect meal! :)

Antiquity is a lovely, charming place to celebrate life!

Dublin
“Cockroaches in the kitchen area and stomach upset....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

I had heard there were only a few excellent restaurants in Albuquerque and when this was recommended to me we said we would try it out on our wedding anniversary.
The setting is quaint, and the food during the meal was quite good, with knowledgable staff, but when I stood on a huge cockroach in the reception / kitchen area I just felt sick disgusted... Not as sick as i did later that night and the next 2 days, when I suffered from very bad stomach upset obviously as a result of the food. The reception area is run-down and the open plan kitchen didnt look to be the cleanest I have ever seen.
The rooftop restaurant in the Sandia Casio is superior.. and cleaner..