“Delicious food with attention to detail” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Spanish, International
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Delicious food with attention to detail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I were passing through Albuquerque on our way home to Flagstaff and decided to stop at Antiquity because of the reviews on TripAdvisor. Antiquity definitely lives up to it's #1 rating on TripAdvisor. My husband had the beer cheese soup and I ordered a "special" salad with arugula, hearts of palm, pears, candied nuts, phyllo wrapped brie, etc. Both the salad and soup were delicious. Our main course was a tender and tasty Chateaubriand for two carved tableside with perfectly cooked and seasoned vegetables and mushrooms. (Squash was one of them, which I normally hate, but I loved how it was prepared here.) We had the key lime pie and polyezenta to go for dessert. The food was exceptional and I appreciated the attention to detail. I liked seeing the kitchen area because I could see how the food was prepared and could observe the owner Steve's quality control before receiving our food. Our server was Gabriel, who was very attentive, pleasant, and helpful. His recommendations were spot on and he was able to tell us the details of each dish. My husband and I have eaten at some of the best restaurants in Boston, New York, California, Denver, etc. and this is definitely one of our top picks!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

On a recent trip to Albuqurque to attend a wedding my wife and I had one free night to enjoy dinner at a local restaurant. After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor we decided to make a reservation at Antiquity for 7:30. When we arrived on time we were told they were 'running late' and to return in 30 to 45 minutes. No big deal as we were in Old Town and took a leisurely stroll around the square doing some window shopping, enjoying the New Mexico evening air. Upon returning to the restaurant we were promptly seated in one of the booths in the rear room. We loved our table and the intimacy of where we were seated. Our waiter was both professional and courteous. We both chose to order a shrimp appetizer, a clam bisque soup and the NY Strip Steaks as we were both in the mood for a good steak. Our appetizers and soup were both outstanding and we were really looking forward to those steaks. That's when the meal turned negative. Our steaks were ordered medium rare and arrived cooked properly. The problem was they had zero flavor with no sear on the outside and the meat was difficult to chew. It was both tough and sinewy. We did the best we could with it but it definitely put a damper on the evening. We decided to pass on dessert as our appetites had disappeared. If not for our main course I would have given this restaurant 4 stars. Given our experience the best I can do is 2.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
toronto
“Exterior belies fantastic food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised to find such a gem in Albuquerque. I had a lovely salad with an olive oil based bleu cheese dressing. Husband had a Thai coconut shrimp soup that he loved. My main was veal Marsala to die for, a special of the day. Hubby had steak with green peppercorn sauce. The wine list was excellent and well priced. Great meal!

Visited September 2013
Lubbock
“Romantic dinner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Located on a quiet side street in Old Town, I was afraid it would be touristy, it wasn't.
Missed going there our first night because they don't take reservations except over the phone. Walked in without reservations on second night no problem getting a table. Very nice meal, great attentive wait staff. Very small restaurant and dark which helped keep the feel of romance going.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Scotland
“Very quaint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This restaurant looks tiny from the outside as it is just a door in the wall in the old town but is much bigger when you get inside. Very quaint and authentic with good food and definitely all freshly cooked as you see it as you enter the restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Food