“3-1/2 Stars - Route 66 Throwback” 3 of 5 stars

505-242-2582
Improve this listing
Ranked #458 of 1,533 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“3-1/2 Stars - Route 66 Throwback”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Lindy's was recommended because it is reasonably good food and inexpensive. In that regard it did not disappoint! $6 hamburgers and $2 fries made dinner half the price of the Hyatt. The burger was very good and old fashion but the large serving of fries was greasy enough to leave grease on the plate. The hand made milkshake made with real ice cream was the best part of the meal and worth every penny of the $4.50. Service was very good but it was not very busy when I was there. Still, the young lady was very pleasant and attentive. Counter service is an option. The decor includes lots of neon and some "vintage" coca-cola items.

Waco, Texas
“Pretty good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Food was good. It was pretty dead when I was there so the atmosphere wasn't great.... though I feel like it would be better at a busier hour. The service was great. Very friendly. Pretty average food choices, but the green chili burger was tasty. Fries were pretty greasy, they needed to drain some or something, but then again some greasy fries are nice every now and then :).

Also neat location right on Central. Pretty decent place to pop into if you're wandering that area.

Visited February 2013
Canyon, Texas
“One of our favorite places to go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We travel to Albuquerque several times a year and travel through it at least as often and we always make sure we stop here. It is a typical greasy-spoon type diner with a nice sized menu and good prices. The service seems to be a bit irratic, but we've decided that the food is so good, it's worth the wait if we end up there on one of the days the waitresses are a bit off. I always get the huevos rancheros and it is truly awesome, the best I've ever had. My husband gets a giant traditional breakfast of sorts, I don't remember the name, but it's eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and pancakes. The large portions can be hard to finish, but somehow we both manage. The cofffee is good in that diner black coffee not too weak, not too strong kind of way and we've never eaten anything there that we didn't love.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Surry, New Hampshire
“Lindy's on Central Avenue/ Rte 66!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The address is incorrect for the original Lindy's Diner located on Central Avenue/ Rte 66 at the same location since the 1920s. This is an original 'working class diner" Good food, great value, clean, simple and no frills.

I stopped for breakfast on Sunday morning, while in Albuquerque for a week long conference.
I had the steak & eggs. The steak was excellent, such incredible quality for a $10 breakfast. I am sorry I could not get back for another breakfast. The waitstaff was friendly and welcoming. Great value. I will stop again the next trip to ABQ.
They are open til 3AM both Saturday/ Sunday mornings.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Memphis, Tennessee
“Awesome surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

We found this place through the GPS but it was a great surprise. The food is tasty, abundant and the service was friendly for great value for the money.

• Visited March 2012