“One of our favorite places to go” 5 of 5 stars

505-242-2582
Improve this listing
Ranked #450 of 1,536 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Canyon, Texas
“One of our favorite places to go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We travel to Albuquerque several times a year and travel through it at least as often and we always make sure we stop here. It is a typical greasy-spoon type diner with a nice sized menu and good prices. The service seems to be a bit irratic, but we've decided that the food is so good, it's worth the wait if we end up there on one of the days the waitresses are a bit off. I always get the huevos rancheros and it is truly awesome, the best I've ever had. My husband gets a giant traditional breakfast of sorts, I don't remember the name, but it's eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and pancakes. The large portions can be hard to finish, but somehow we both manage. The cofffee is good in that diner black coffee not too weak, not too strong kind of way and we've never eaten anything there that we didn't love.

• Visited September 2012

Surry, New Hampshire
“Lindy's on Central Avenue/ Rte 66!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The address is incorrect for the original Lindy's Diner located on Central Avenue/ Rte 66 at the same location since the 1920s. This is an original 'working class diner" Good food, great value, clean, simple and no frills.

I stopped for breakfast on Sunday morning, while in Albuquerque for a week long conference.
I had the steak & eggs. The steak was excellent, such incredible quality for a $10 breakfast. I am sorry I could not get back for another breakfast. The waitstaff was friendly and welcoming. Great value. I will stop again the next trip to ABQ.
They are open til 3AM both Saturday/ Sunday mornings.

• Visited July 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
“Awesome surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

We found this place through the GPS but it was a great surprise. The food is tasty, abundant and the service was friendly for great value for the money.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Colorado
“Lindy's, It's Been There Forever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

This is the real live cafe on Route 66. The booths, the counter and the food are for real. I particularly like to eat the huevos rancheros at breakfast when in ABQ.

Visited February 2012
Indiana
“Old time atmosphere, really good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I was in Alb. for a conference, 4 days. I had been to Lindy's several years ago and remembered the breakfast there as good enough. I went back and was really pleased. For about 10 bucks I got the Hungry Man Breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausage, hash-browns, pancakes, toast). I was really impressed. Nothing pre-cooked; the sausage was plump and juicy (links) and probably the highlight. But the whole thing was good and fast. I went again before I left town and had eggs and hashbrowns; again, good food. Service was great, chatty servers, but only because I was in a chatty mood. Great value. I haven't had anything from the rest of the menu, but am told that the burgers were quite good.

• Visited February 2012