“I need to try more menu items.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 1,533 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Chicago, Illinois
“I need to try more menu items.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stopped for lunch at the suggestion of a friend. It was pretty good and I would return to try more, but I was not blown away by my chicken enchilada. I have had better. Have them bring the sauces on the side, that way you can play with heat and flavors.
My companion really enjoyed the beef burrito. I think I need to try more menu items.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We ate breakfast and everything was great. Service was good and staff was friendly. Can't wait to go back tomorrow before we leave town!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Is the Range going downhill?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I've had many good meals at the Range. Their huevos rancheros are the best in town. However, after tonight's visit it will be a long while before I return. My dining companion has often had the chicken fried steak. This time the steak was so tough it was almost inedible. I sampled it, agreed, and urged him to complain. He did not want to raise a fuss. Instead he left it mostly uneaten. My shrimp tacos were tasty and had a generous portion of shrimp. We ordered the bread pudding for dessert and had such a ridiculously long wait that we almost took our check to the front to pay and bail on the dessert. The bread pudding arrived at last, cold and not as good as we remembered from previous visits.The restaurant does not seem to have the lines it used to have and I'm wondering if there is reason for that.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Range Cafe=Okay, But Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We ate at the Range Cafe on an overnight stop through Albuquerque. I had the blue corn crusted chile rellenos, which were definitely unique, although somewhat bland. Husband had the pan fried trout, which he declared to be "Okay." The restaurant is located in what appears to be an old Denny's-type diner. The first thing we noticed upon arrival was a definite underlying odor of old, stale cigarette smoke. It would be my guess that whatever restaurant was located there prior to Range Cafe, allowed smoking. The place is decorated in a cute fashion - somewhat "kitschy," but charming. Service was decent, although not overly-friendly. The biggest complaint I have is that the prices are high. I left feeling like we overpaid for what we got.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brownsburg, Indiana
“This is New Mexican food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Restaurant came highly rated...appropriately. Good selections, good prices, tasty food. I'd revisit Albuquerque to eat here again !

• Visited September 2012