“Inferior to Pelican's East” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pelican's Restaurant and Bar
10022 Coors Blvd NW, Albuquerque, NM 871114 (Cottonwood Mall)
505-899-2000
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #196 of 1,501 restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Neighborhood: Cottonwood Mall
Neighborhood: Cottonwood Mall
“Inferior to Pelican's East”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

In every way - food quality, service, value, freshness. It's still ok, but just ok.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Good old fashioned steak and seafood restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant reminds of restaurants from my youth. From the table side tossed salad with everything in it. The clam chowders are up there in tge ranks of Seattle chowder. The added touch of roasted garlic for your bread is nice. We also love the mussels for appetizer. I like to get the peel and eat shrimp for my main. So yummy! Fried fish is good. The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the artichoke appetizer ...just not my thing.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Gluten-Free Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Excellent service for my special needs menu. The manager came to our table when he learned I had questions about a gluten-free menu. He checked all the ingredients going into everything from salad to my Shrimp Scampi to be sure I was getting a meal that was as good for me as it was delicious. Everyone at our table was more than pleased with the service and food (and drinks). I will be recommending the Pelican’s West to all my friends, including the gluten-free community.

• Visited November 2011
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Wonderful Salmon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Cedar Plank Salmon was amazing! The waitress was new and didn't know much, but we had a good time anyway! We've visited here many times and will continue to come back! WE love the Big salad they bring to the table, and the bread with roasted garlic on the side is great too!! Bring your appetite!!

• Visited June 2011
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Good change of pace for seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2007

yes, yet another formula chain restaurant. But their doing a lot of seafood & Italian selections does make a notch above average for an occasional visit.

Service is consistently very good. Comfort food is presented in large portions. That said, the menu is a bit short. Also, I would like the lunch possibility other than just end of the week.