“Best Indian in town” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Albuquerque New Mexico
“Best Indian in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We have been coming to this restaurant for years and it never lets us down. We have also ordered from them for parties and they are generous, reasonable and the nicest people to deal with. They always treat us as though they are genuinely pleased to see us. Food is so authentic - generous servings and reasonable prices. Our children always want to come here when they come to town. Great place and would definitely recommend.

Visited August 2014

Albuquerque
“Always an astounding dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We have been going to Taj Mahal for years and still love it. The tandoor (grill) has exceptional offerings (particularly the lamb), the sauces are mild and flavorful, and the desserts are really nice. [I always go for the rice pudding.]

You're likely to share your meal with another, as the portions are generous, but order at least a couple . . . you can always take some home and enjoy it the next day.

The owner and staff are very warm and welcoming, completing a perfect dining experience.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Coupeville, Washington
“Fantastic lunch buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Delicious East Indian food at a reasonable price. Just walk in and fill your plate at the buffet. Best Indian food in town.

Visited July 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“If you are expecting authentic Indian food, this is NOT the place.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I ordered a lamb dish, the lamb chucks skewered and cooked on a grill, served on an oval hot pan with red pepper and onions underneath without sauce, it looks dry, I asked for curry sauce, the waiter said I have to place an order for the curry sauce. an Indian lady walks to me, I asked if this is traditional Indian dish, she said "yes", she knew i am not satisfy, then she ordered the curry sauce for me, after I tasted i told the lady it is tomato sauce not curry sauce, Indian lady said "this is our curry sauce." Ask for check, wait for 10 minutes, finally I walked to the waiter asked one more time. Extremely disappointed. I left the food there, paid and left the restaurant. never come back. Yes, please stop deceiving people!

I read one review and I agree.
"They are surviving due to lack of knowledge of non Indian community regarding authentic Indian food. Please stop deceiving people."

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
nikole505
“Love”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Awesome food, great service. We come at least 3 times a month. Great naan and curry. The buffet is our favorite.