“Good food not served with a smile” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #706 of 1,533 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Mexican
Boca Raton, Florida
“Good food not served with a smile”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Really good New Mexican food. Large portions for a good price. The service wasn't awesome. I don't like feeling like a bother to people by eating at their restaurant, so for that I probably wouldn't go back since there's a lot of great food around. But it's possible we just came on a bad night.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Eloy's is still going strong with great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Years ago when we lived closer we used to come here and enjoy their meals all the time, then we moved away. One night we happened to be in the area and were trying to think of a place to eat and at the same time we both said, "Eloy's!" I am happy to say that the food is as good as we remembered it. Their dinner plates are a very reasonable, $11 or so, and include chips & salsa, a guacamole salad, the entrée, and for desert, natillas (a Mexican style custard). Eloy's also features good à la carte selections for smaller appetites. Even though we've not been here for more than two years, the wait staff of this family run business still remembered us.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque
“Great Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Eloy's restaurant is an Albuquerque institution. The place is still run by the Serna family and they take great pride in the food and service. The lunches run about $8 and the dinners $11 and the dinners include drink, small guacamole salad and dessert---a great deal.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Been eating at Eloy's for 30 years. It's the 1st place we eat when we come back to town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have been eating at Eloy's FOREVER. Whenever we have gone on vacation, it's the first place we want to eat when we come back home. It is our favorite place for Mexican food. Every time we get the combination plate - it has an enchilada (red chile) and the best chile rellanos in town (covered in green chile) and a taco. Beans and rice too, of course.

At dinner time, ice tea comes with your meal as does natillas (a tapioca-type dessert).

Eloy has been gone for many years but his daughters (especially Loretta and Debbie) have carried on the family's tradition of excellent food. He would be very proud, I'm sure.

• Visited November 2012
Oshkosh
“Down home NM feeling and flavor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Enjoyed great blue corn chicken enchiladas at Eloy's! I remembered the place from when I lived in NE Albuquerque many years ago, and was so pleased that my meal exceeded even my happiest memories. I like the option of the a la carte menu, since I rarely finish my rice and beans, and can't eat guacamole. But I was glad I added a sopapilla-- fantastic, light and crisp!

• Visited October 2012