“Unusual food expertly prepared, great wine, and great service.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Seasons Rotisserie-Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 1,536 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Italian, Continental, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Unusual food expertly prepared, great wine, and great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

It was December 30, and I was heading to Albuquerque next morning. Where to spend New Year’s Eve dinner? My host at the Bottger Mansion in Old Town bed-and-breakfast had emailed me a list of places that would be open, and I called the one at the top of the list (X). Imagine my surprise when X (which had no room for another person on New Year’s Eve) recommended Seasons, which was also at the top of my host’s list! (Seriously folks, how many other restaurants would give a sincere and candid recommendation for a competitor? Hats off to that restaurant — and I’ll be there next time I’m in ALB.) Ian at Seasons answered my call and took my reservation. He was calm and unruffled and seemed genuinely pleased to chat with me about my upcoming visit.
Although Seasons is within walking distance of my B&B, I drove the few blocks to the free (pleasant shock!) parking garage next to the restaurant (uncrowded, too, and apparently safe/secure since I saw a police/security vehicle drive through around 10:30pm-ish). I was a bit early, but Rachel at the hostess desk kindly managed some magical re-arrangement of tables, and I was seated almost immediately. Ivy was my server, and she managed me skillfully and attentively through the set menu for New Year’s Eve. I chose the Black Buck Chop (antelope), smashed potatoes, rapini (a green vegetable with many spiked leaves surrounding clusters of green buds that resemble small heads of broccoli). The nutty, pungent (slightly bitter) flavor of rapini was a perfect accompaniment to the rich potatoes and the succulent and moist antelope. I placed myself in Ivy capable wine-pairing hands, and she chose a lovely dark, rich merlot to complement the bold flavors of the antelope and rapini. Ahhhhhh, what a way to end the year! For dessert was a chocolate torte topped with crème brulee. Heaven. Utter heaven.
Unusual food expertly prepared, great wine, and great service. Combine that with a large, open (maybe a tiny bit noisy with the hum of conversation and bark of laughter), casually elegant dining room decorated in comfy, warm earth tones, natural wood, and artistic light fixtures. A New Year’s Eve to remember, for sure.
As I was leaving, Ian came up to introduce himself as the one who had taken my reservation. He explained a bit more about Seasons’ philosophy, and we had a nice discussion about what goes in to making an enjoyable and memorable dining experience.
Hope you enjoy your experience there as much as I did mine!

Visited December 2012

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“A Place To Treat Yourself”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

It's our go-to choice for any special occasion. Downstairs dining is elegant and the food amazing. Upstairs is more casual (although everything in Alb. is casual) with a different menu. You can't go wrong.

Visited October 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Very Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Excellent Happy Hour and Dinner
The Callamari was excellent and the house Chardonnay was very good....food was excellent

Visited January 2013
Tijeras, New Mexico
“One Of The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have visited this fine establishment on several occasions. Last month my wife held her company's Christmas Party there. We cannot say enough about the excelleny cuisine and fine service. One would have to look long and far to find a restaurant that exceeds what if offered at Season's. Mr had the ribeyes which was thick, juicy and beautifully presented. Mrs. had the fresh fish which was perfectly cooked, sweet and pure delight. The green chile popper apetizers are to die for.
Our only disappointment was that they were out of the bison ribeye very early in the evening. The regular ribeye was not disappointing.
The bar is very small so if you are coming with a large party and have to wait, pop next door to the Hotel Albuquerque which is a short walk and a really nice hotel.
If you haven't been to Season's you should not miss this great restaurant

Visited December 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I received a gift certificate to Season's as a gift and thought despite not caring for the food in the past that perhaps things would have improved, so we gave it another chance. Our sever could not have been more friendly and professional. The fresh bread was delicious and the wine we selected was decent. We began with a salad that in my opinion was over dressed and not edible. Our entrees arrived- my husband ordered the braised lamb shank and I had the center cut beef sirloin. I had asked to substitute one of the sides, which our server indicated would not be a problem at all, but the listed sides were served. The sirloin was so tough and had such a strong smoked flavor that I only endured a few bites before pushing my plate aside. My husband's lamb was awful and the sauce was overpowering. The polenta was unappetizing and not firm enough. When the server came to clear our plates, she did not seem at all bothered that the majority of our meal had not been eaten. I thought she might have picked up that something was not right if more than half of our meal was still on the plates, but she did not say anything. Perhaps many of their patrons leave most of their meal untouched?? We paid our bill and left feeling disappointed. We gave it another chance, but if the best part of the experience was the complimentary bread and oil, we see no reason to return or to recommend it to anyone else.

• Visited December 2012