“Very good but not cheap...” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Very good but not cheap...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

First time at this location, Red Fish was excellent but why so much food? Waiter could have been better and more attentive.
The dinner price was a bit high but then that way overdid the quantity!! Thank goodness that I didn't order an appetizer! I might go back but actually prefer Pelican's, better service and food is outstanding with a lot cheaper prices!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Taos, New Mexico
“Pappadon't”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have been coming to this restaurant since it opened. I was craving the crab cakes so my husband and I went for dinner. When we arrived there was a wait, which was fine. We were seated in a back dining room with several TVs set to the football game. Several male staff members, kitchen and wait staff, were watching the game. We got our crab cakes and they were tasty but undercooked. I ordered the salmon, and our waitress said the kitchen cooks salmon to a medium rare. I said, on no, that won't work, I need it to be cooked through. I am pregnant and if I could eat raw fish we would have went out for sushi. Our food arrived, hubby got the clam chowder, and it was very strong smelling and too salty. My salmon was pretty rare in the center so I returned it. This began the shift in our service. I could tell that our waitress felt bad but she was not as pleasant after I sent my salmon back. When I finally got my salmon back it was okay. They left the rest of my plate under a heat lamp and just recooked the salmon. I ate some, but not enough to make it worth the $30 something price tag for the entree. We were pretty disappointed. Well, we drove home, about a 3 hour drive, and I was feeling really sick. I'll spare the details, but I lost my dinner. Being pregnant, it was scary being that sick from food. That will be my last visit.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The staff members were very nice and friendly. Food was excellent. I love my whole experience at the restaurant. I would definitely go back!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wichita, Kansas
“Great bowl of Gumbo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

This was our first time to this particular Pappadeaux and it lived up to our expectations from visits at other locations. Great dinner experience overall. Our waiter Terry did a very nice job. I had a bowl of Andouille seafood gumbo and a Caesar salad. Both were great. My wife had the lump crab cakes. They were good. The filling was more like what you would find on a crab salad sandwich but had good flavor and was a very nice sized portion. My daughter had the ahi tuna with the tomato salad. Both were very good. We topped it all off with the plain cheesecake that had a very nice flavor and consistency.

“Love oysters!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Wife and I had a craving for some fresh oysters and Pappadeaux has the best around. We sat at the bar where the oysters are shucked and those dudes know how to do it! Yalda provided excellent, efficient service and the atmosphere was great.

• Visited December 2012