“A local favorite” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Family Fare
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: La Salita Restaurant has been serving New Mexican food to many generations of customers in Albuquerque Northeast Heights since 1965. Our family owned and operated restaurant shares the best parts of New Mexico with our customers. We want to ensure that eating at our restaurant is not simply a wonderful dining experience but a home away from home in a warm inviting atmosphere. We take pride in offering our customers fresh products every time they visit. Our recipes are prepared in house, from scratch, everyday to ensure quality, flavor and consistency. Whether it's your first or fiftieth time we want it to be the same, every time. Everyday our goal is to ensure our customers are comfortable, satisfied, and full... That's how we measure our success.
ABQ
“A local favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

Again, this one is for the locals. I'll have to say that the Chile Relleno's are the most crispy and flavorfull I've had and I've lived in NM my whole life. Love em!

Albuquerque, NM
“Great place to take the family.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

My daughter has been raving about La Salita, so one evening she, my grandson, my husband and I stopped for dinner. The food was great, the service was fast and friendly, the space was clean and inviting, and the price was right. The waitress even worked around my grandson's food allergies as if it was the no problem at all. Romantic hideaway for a special occasion? No. But it is a perfect place for those nights when I don't want to cook.

Visited October 2011
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“not worth $15”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

my co-workers and i went in during our lunch hour. the place was packed, and we had a 15 min. wait even though there were 3 or 4 empty tables. so we're off to a bad start already. our bus boy brought the menus and drinks promptly, but our waitress took a while before acknowledging us and taking our order. i ordered a tostada with refried beans and ground beef, or so i thought, at $7.30. i was brought the tostada dinner, which was 2 tostadas, double-layered, with refried beans and ground beef, at $15!!! that was NOT what i had in mind to pay for my lunch that day. it wasn't even a STEAK! the waitress could have clarified, or asked me to be specific. the cash register was not helpful either, but rather patronizing. i will not be going back, ever!

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Denver
“UGH!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Being a native New Mexican this was atrocious. My co-worker ordered a taco salad and received some tortilla chips with a few beans on top. These were the same chips we received with our drinks. My enchilada's chili was good but nothing else. Tired and not the same as it was several years back. Try El Bruno's or Monroes.

Visited June 2011
Albuquerque
“Outstanding New Mexican Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

There are dozens of New Mexican restaurants in Albuquerque. La Salita on Eubank ranks number one in my book. Most of their daily lunch specials can be ordered any day of the week. My favorite is the cheese enchilada, taco and chili rellano plate. They have the BEST tacos anywhere!

• Visited May 2011