“3.3 out of 5” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added University Village Hotel to your Saves list
University Village Hotel
University Village Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1901 University Boulevard SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106 (Formerly Vagabond Inn Executive)   |
Ranked #75 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
El Paso, Texas
“3.3 out of 5”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I am somewhat satisfied with their customer service. When I barely got there the cleaning lady said she was too tired to clean my room since she wanted to go home (no kidding) then she asked me if I didn't mind staying in a hotel room for that night ; I accepted assuming it was an hotel courtesy since their employee was not in the mood to clean up my already booked room but... NO, they tried charging me $84.00 for that night. Since I did not like that option I opted to come back the next day in order to give more time to their Janitorial staff. To get my room cleaned. When i I came back the next day (around 0300Pm) they got me going and believe it or not .. They put me in a dirty room. After I found out I called the front desk to notify them about this incident and had to send somebody over to clean my room. Also, the oven in the kitchen was burnt and dirty so they had to replace on the same day. Which proves they just put one of their guests into a random dirty room that was not even inspected before renting it. Moving into the building and all amenities, I got to tell you it is a very nice and colorful place. They have a full gym with plenty of dumbbells, treadmills and quite a variety of machines. They also have a very cool movie theater open to all their guests, and a laundry room. 3 driers and 3 washing machines ( Try not to do your laundry on sunday, it will be crowded) but their machines are in great shape and in a very clean area. They also have a room with fossball, a ping pong table, pool and air hockey. Also it has a very nice outdoor pool in the back and All their rooms have wifi included. I liked a lot the amenities and the building itself but the fact that Some of their personnel was unprofessional and put me in a dirty room even when i already had a reservation made feel undervalued as if they were not interested in my business. I did not have any other issues with their staff and had a very pleasant time after this incident. customer service should be the main goal for every enterprise especially in this industry. Overall, Amazing building and amenities but staff needs a more effective management team and /or better training.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on vacations a week ago. We were satisfied for the price, however, I feel I should mention the good points about this hotel, and the areas of improvement as well.
On the positive side:The location of the hotel was wonderful, easy access to most major tourist points in Albuquerque. The rooms were quiet, they have been remodeled for the most part. The decor was very acceptable. The hotel has very nice common areas (exercise room,pool room,lunch room, outdoor swimming pool,movie room and conference rooms). The hotel has plenty of parking, it smelled of beautiful fresh flowers as soon as you entered the lobby. The bed was pretty new and comfortable, the linens and towels were pretty new as well. The Wifi in the room worked very well. There was a big desk and an overhead lamp which allowed for a great work area. The air conditioner was located at an ideal place because the draft was not directly on the bed, so it maintained a pretty even temperature throughout the room. The room had a nice kitchen area with a full size refrigerator, plenty of kitchen cabinet space a very nice microwave and sink. The TV was a very nice HD and the cable service worked very well. There was plenty of coffee in the lobby at all times. The employees were very friendly.
On the not so good side portion of the room:
a) It had a clock that worked, however the radio/alarm portion of it did not work. The kitchen area had no range, there were no kitchen utensils except one plate, one fork, one spoon, one knife, and a few glasses. It is advertised as a full kitchen, and it is not.
b) There was no overhead light in the kitchen area, so it was difficult to work (cook) anything there. What I did was I moved the lamp on the night table and placed it over the refrigerator so that I could see what I was preparing.
c) The room had been cleaned, however, I found some debris in the corners of the bathroom and close to the bed, It was not bad, but not great either.
d)They advertise a grab and go breakfast. What we found in the 5 days we were there is that some days they had a breakfast, and some days they did not have any at all. One day, they had old fruit and a few sweets, but always plenty of coffee.
Overall, it was worth the money. It was an enjoyable stay. If you like to eat in, like I have to, due to diet restrictions, then be sure you purchase microwavable foods, and you take your own kitchen accessories to heat and eat your food. I would recommend it to anyone, And I would go back, only next time I will be better prepared for the limitations of the room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We booked the hotel for my daughter and her future husband to get ready at with the whole wedding party. The rooms were very modern and clean. The staff was very friendly and professional. My daughter and son in law ended up staying several extra nights because the staff and hotel were so wonderful!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

A colleague and I booked this hotel for a conference we were attending while in Albuquerque, NM. The website made the hotel seem very nice, but it was quite the contrary. The hotel website states that they have a full kitchen, pool and hot tub, and continental breakfast. The first day we arrived, our reservation was not fulfilled. We had an emailed confirmation for a two bed suite, and was told that they only had a one bed room. We settled with the one bed and were told that we would be put in a two bed in two more days. After complaining, we were told the manager would contact us about any compensation - that never happened. I had to 'hunt down' the manager on our fourth day there. During our entire 7 day stay at the hotel, we never received a two bed and had to sleep on the small, hard couch. Among other things here is a list of problems we had: 1) bathroom sink and shower drain was clogged - maintenance guy left the bathroom an absolute disaster after having to dissemble and clean out both drains 2) maid service never came and then gave us attitude when we showed her the filth of the bathroom and asked for general service 3) there was no continental breakfast, a few packaged pastries and one or two apples were set out each morning upon request, again we were given attitude when asked about the breakfast 4) the pool and hot tub were not functional and closed 5) when we did not receive maid service we called and asked for sheets and towels to be delivered, when delivered, the sheets were wet and we were told they did not have any towels 6) the kitchen was not stocked with any dishes or silverware, we had to go buy them 7) when we finally called and requested maid service, the front desk asked us if we could wait for tomorrow.

Needless to say, this hotel is not what the website portrays and the service we received was absolutely horrible. I would not recommend this hotel to ANYONE. The manage would only compensate us a few dollars a night after we made multiple formal complaints, which did not begin to make up for all of the dissatisfaction and poor service on the part of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Los Lunas, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

My stay at this place was amazing. The amenities were straight up better than most hotels of twice or more the cost. Its centrally located and the staff treats you like family. The room (369) was comfortable and very clean. The fitness room is well equipped and doesn't smell, also the theater room is great. The house keeping staff is pretty much at your beck and call and goes the extra mile. You can count on future return stays for me. I would give it six stars if I could!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Avondale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

This place offers a great alternative to extended stay motels by keeping prices down if you are willing to provide own linens and housekeeping. The washers and dryers only cost $1. Downside is that cellphones and tablets cannot hook up to the free wi fi in building c.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I really enjoyed staying here. The rooms were clean and very comfortable, location was perfect, it was very affordable, and the staff was great. The fitness center is well equipped and although I didn't use it, they have a theater room for movies. Thought that was pretty cool. There’s a game room and the breakfast lounge is very comfortable. There was a slight issue with the room having hot water, but the staff took care of it as fast as they could. It really didn't affect my stay at all. Overall, I really liked this place and will stay again in the future.

Room Tip: I liked my room, but I've only stayed once and I don't have any other rooms to compare it to...