“excellent middle eastern find!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #502 of 1,499 restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Albuquerque, NM
“excellent middle eastern find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

this small grocery/restaurant has never failed to disappoint us. Middle eastern food, shawarma, hummous, home-made pita all delicious and fresh. Best food in ABQ!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great Food and Lots of Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This restaurant is located in an old service station on the corner of San Pedro and Montgomery. The outside doesn't look like much, but on the inside you are transported to another place. There is a middle eastern grocery in the back of the store with lots of foods and spices and prepared foods for sale. The front of the place where you eat is decorated like a Bedouin tent with carpets all around you and flowing cloth hanging from the ceiling.

The food is all freshly handmade onsite with quality ingredients. I didn't recognize many of the menu items so I just ordered at random and I loved my Kefta sandwich with fries and baklava for 7.95. I ordered iced tea and was pleasantly surprised that it was specially spiced tea made in-store. My sister had the spicy beef shwarma with humus, fresh pita bread and a salad and loved it.

The waiter was a good looking young man in his 20's who smiled a lot and was very friendly. He answered questions for us about everything from menu items to fasting at Ramadan. He was attentive, but not a bother either.

The baklava was made with pistachios rather than walnuts and not dripping in honey. It was so good we both got one to take home with us.

I'd highly recommend this place for the food and the experience!

• Visited July 2012