“Refreshingnly nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites by Marriott Albuquerque North

Save Saved
You added TownePlace Suites by Marriott Albuquerque North to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Albuquerque North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5511 Office Boulevard Northeast, Albuquerque, NM NM 87109   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #31 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
mpls
“Refreshingnly nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

From the moment I checked in, and how I was greeted by the person at the front desk to the time we checked out. All I can say is this was a refreshing change from the hotels we had stayed at on this trip. Everyone was very nice. The rooms comfortable. A bit small, but when you get a full kitchen with it, I'm not going to make that a negative. The desk area was large for doing work at. The beds comfortable. Clean, plenty of parking even when we went at one of the busiest times of the year for them. The rooms quiet. I have to go to Albuquerque at least once a year, I will stay here again. Its close to the airport, freeways, and the University. There is plentty to do around the area.

Room Tip: maybe not take the room right by the lobby. You do hear the morning breakfast crowd if you are not a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

TownePlace Suites is an excellent hotel and I enjoyed my weeklong stay very much. My room was comfortable, clean and in good condition. The staff is also friendly and helpful. There are lots of restaurants surrounding the hotel, and a massive 24 screen movie theater across the street. The exercise room is very large and well equipped for a hotel like this. The equipment works great, and most pieces have individual TV monitors.
I was less impressed with the free breakfast food selection. I ended up buying groceries and fixing my own breakfast in the room rather than eating what was available in the breakfast area.
The other disappointing thing about the TownePlace Suites is the quality and condition of the bathroom towels. The towels in this hotel are pathetic, thin and worn. I don’t think I have ever seen such thin towels in any other Marriott hotel. This observation relates to all the towels, including the bath towels, hand towels and wash cloths. Obtaining a new supply of towels for this hotel should be a top priority of the management.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Newark, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This was a great hotel to stay at while on vacation in ABQ. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms have a nice spacious modern layout. They have a full fridge, stove top, microwave and dishwasher. There are also plenty of outlets throughout the room for all of our chargers. Great location, near plenty of restaurants and easy access to 25 North/South.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed here multiple times for volleyball tournaments. This property is brand new and very nice, more than I expected. We had a one bedroom which had a big living room area and full kitchen. Our room faced the freeway but noise was very minimal. Pool area is nice but outdoors and even though it was heated, it is still cold during March. Staff in restaurant area especially, are very nice and personable. Breakfast was more continental with waffles, cereal, muffins, bagels, etc.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice place to stay especially for an extended stay. One bedroom suite was roomy, clean, very comfortable and quiet.

Breakfast was sufficient and coffee was available very early in the morning. Even though they don't serve dinner there are many affordable restaurants within walking distance. Great location and staff were friendly and helpful. I would return again.

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this Hotel for four nights. I stayed on the third floor next to the elevator but I never heard it once while I was there.

The staff are super nice! They will literally do anything to make your stay as comfortable as possible. One guest that was staying there i over heard them make a request for take out Cold Stone Creamery ice cream which is about 200 yards away. The staff actually went and picked up the ice cream for the guest. That is personal service!!!

I didn't particularly care for the continental breakfast. I prefer to have a full breakfast when I stay somewhere. The Residence Inn by the Airport has a better variety of Hot breakfast items but this review is not about the Residence Inn.

The room was really comfortable. It came with a full kitchen complete with a dishwasher and cooktop. The Hotel appeared fairly new and very close to numerous variety of restaurants.

The king bed was very very comfortable and the room had a small office space for work.

I would deffinately recommend this Hotel to anyone for an extended stay!

• Stayed March 2013
Westminster, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am a big fan of TownePlace Suites and we try to stay there whenever we travel if we need a hotel and the price is right.

My most recent stay was with my wife and two small kids at the newest TPS in Albuquerque, just off I-25 in the north end of town. We were on our way back to Denver when a big snowstorm prevented us from going any further north. The highway was open, but conditions were absolutely horrible in the northern parts of New Mexico and we just did not feel comfortable making the attempt to drive further.

As usual, TPS did not disappoint! Because this location is so new, everything is still in very nice and good-smelling condition. One really big thing I noticed is that this TPS is all in one building. The other ones we've stayed at had two separate buildings on the property with the parking lot in between. I really like the way they're building their new buildings; if this is indeed the new style of TPS. If you need to go to the front desk, or even go to breakfast, and your suite is in the other building, you'll need to walk outside and across the parking lot and at most locations you need to take your breakfast back to your room. You don't have to worry about that at this location since everything is in the same building.

Speaking of breakfast, this TPS had a good variety. It wasn't a hot breakfast, but it was way better than continental and especially better than other locations which might feature 1-2 varieties of cereal and wrapped up poptarts and muffins. This location featured numerous varieties of cereal, a waffle maker, oatmeal, muffins, bagels, english muffins, and fruit. They also have a really nice breakfast area, which many other TPS locations do not have and you need to take whatever breakfast they have back to your suite.

The staff was very helpful and they really enjoyed interacting with us and getting to know us. Of course, we didn't experience any major issues during our one night stay but we know they would have taken full action if something did come up.

The location is absolutely perfect. It is right next to a Red Robin, a Pappadeaux, and a Texas Land and Cattle Steakhouse not to mention a Subway and a Cold Stone. You are definitely not short of places to eat that are within easy walking distance. Closest shopping is a little further away, but still not a bad drive. They do offer a 3rd party room service that is just outrageously expensive and I don't recommend using that service especially when quality, and reasonably priced, places to eat are right outside the door.

I strongly recommend this TPS (heck the entire chain) especially for families (the two-bedroom suites are perfect for a family of 4) or just anyone looking for fully furnished suites with full kitchens and a very comfortable and welcoming stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the west side of the building. The east side of the building overlooks I-25 an...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott Albuquerque North? Share your experiences!