“Pleasant and Convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Pleasant and Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

This hotel is easy to access - right off of the interstate. Check-in went smoothly and staff was accommodating when I asked for a room facing the front of the hotel. The room was very clean and spacious. The only problem was that the air conditioner went on the blink for a short while, but the staff was right on it when I complalined and it was fixed within a short period. Did not hear much of the traffic from the interstate - just the road directly in front of the hotel. Good location if you are headed to the Sandia tramway.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

Check in was somewhat un eventful, staff seemed to be indifferent. No how was your day or telling us about what the Hilton has to offer during our stay,A get lost buddy at least would have started a conversation. Most but not all hotels in this category offer a breakfast Buffet or at least a cup of coffee in the lobby but not the Hilton, very disappointing. All that was in the lobby was some rotting fingered apples, however they did put out some refrigerator cookies that the grand kids enjoyed. The location itself was easy to get too, less then a block off I 25, there is a cracker barrel next door to make up for the lack at the Hilton. Would I stay again ? Up in the air at this posting.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

This hotel offers business service in an easy suburban location. Near the junction of I-25 and I-40, you can get to your meeting easily. As with all HGI's, the staff is well-trained and supportive. Good food is available for a charge (unless you are a heavy Hilton Honors traveler.)

• Stayed May 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

My wife and I spent 2 nights here. The hotel is located right off I-25, but I did not notice any road noise. The room was spacious and very clean. The staff was very friendly and professional.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Leawood, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

I have been staying at this property for a long term assignment in Albuquerque. I stay for 1-2 weeks at a time between trips home. This hotel is exceedingly clean and the service levels are very high. In Albuquerque style, the staff across the hotel is friendly and service minded. As a Hilton Honors Diamond level guest, I have seen Hilton properties around the world and can absolutely say without reservation that this hotel is top notch in its class.

Rooms: Comfortable, well-appointed, bright and clean
TV: Plenty of programming
Property: Convenient to the highway and shopping
Food: Across from Denny's and next to Cracker Barrel. Hotel has a restaurant
Internet: Reliable though slow. They plan an upgrade in March
Pool: indoor. I didn't use it but people were having fun
Laundry: Great service and inexpensive. Also a coin op on the property
Parking: Well lit and plenty of space
Common areas: Bright, comfortable and well appointed.
Business Center: Well appointed

Bottom line: This hotel is perfect for the short or long term business traveler.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the front of the hotel - better view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

First of all we stayed here because Sandia Resort and Casino was booked for the night. For a roadside inn feel to the hotel, it was pretty nice. We booked our hotel room from the AARP Travel Center, so we got a good price. $72.98/nt plus taxes and service fees of $10.87. The hotel was decorated for Christmas and the fireplace in the lobby was quite cozy. I loved the little tree sitting on the check-in counter. My husband checked in for us and he was quite impressed with the ease of check-in. The elevator was slightly hard to find, right behind the desk and slightly down the hallway to the left. There was a door blocking one side so I had to find the buttons by moving the door. I didn’t really understand that concept. The room was nice, just a regular tub/shower, toilet, and sink combo in the restroom which was slightly tight opening the door. But, I enjoyed the cleanliness of the room.
I also enjoyed the comfort of the king size bed in the room.
We got complimentary waters, which we were informed of at check-in. Flat screened TV, smallish microwave and refrigerator. I had brought my own snacks because the snacks in hotels are so expensive so I didn’t use either the microwave or fridge. I did drink one of the complimentary waters.
Wi-Fi was free, as well as ample parking in front of the hotel. They did have a nice little area for breakfast, but because it cost $11.95/person, my husband and I ate elsewhere because we thought for what you got it was over priced somewhat. Especially, since they added a service fee to the price initially.
All in all, I really liked this hotel, and I will keep it in mind when I cannot book Sandia.

Room Tip: Our room was toward the east side of the hotel, which made it away from the highway. Good choice.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

i am diamond member who stays at approx 50 to 75 hiltons throughtout the year so my experience at this hotel was less than satisfactory with their resolution to a problem. i had mistakenly left a shirt at the hotel and was told that this would be mailed. Not only did they no mail it but when i called them three weeks later, they sent it out via express mail and charged me 43.00 without my authorization. The response from them to correct this issue has been less than favorable. i would highlly reccomend using another property since when a mistake like this happens you expect a swift and adequate response from the hotel. this was not the case here

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque / Journal Center? Share your experiences!