“Love this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center

Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center
5400 San Antonio Avenue, Albuquerque, NM 87109   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #41 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Santa Barbara, California
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We have stayed in other Homewood Suites and this one measures up in every way even though it is the smallest location we have visited. The hotel is located very close to my family in Albuquerque and just far enough off the freeway to be quiet. I requested a quiet room and they put us almost at the very back of the hotel which backs up to an empty field, bike path and arroyo. The Cracker Barrel is two doors down if you need somewhere to eat. We were there over the weekend so missed out on the dinners but the breakfast was great (I did miss having a waffle maker) And the breakfast staff was wonderful (Paty and Ana)!!! We will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 203, a king studio. It was perfect for our needs but may be a bit tight for others...

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had a group of 24 golfers, the second day one of our member was stuck in the elevator for one hour, 7 days later the elevator still was not fixed, imagine carry our golf clubs 2 to 3 flights of stairs.
The owner would not make any adjustments for all our inconvenience. Very disappointing!! Albert and Heather at the front desk were very helpful as well as the food staff. Will not recommend staying there.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

An enjoyable stay. The young gal named Sheena at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. She directed me to several of the better local restaurants and asked how my room was the next day. I appreciate the service. The rooms could use some updating, but the mattress was very comfortable and very quiet rooms as well. It was a great location for me with easy freeway access in either direction.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The young man at the front desk was very nice and helpful. Upon entering the room we had reserved, there was an unplesant odor. We were'nt sure if it was that of feet or fritos or both. We promptly asked for another room. We did get one on the third floor. However, the elevator was out of service so of course we took the stairs. That was uncomfortable due to another stinky smell in the stairwell. Upon entering the third floor it smelled of cigarette smoke. To our surprise this room had no smell so we stayed the night anyway. I was honestly afraid to eat the continental breakfast the next morning. I hope this place gets a makeover because I thought all Hilton's had the same consistent standards of cleanliness.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Inn_Keeper_NM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thanks for submitting a review of my hotel. Your comments were discussed in our staff meeting so that we could better serve our valued guests. I congratulated my front desk agents for their outstanding service. But I regret that we didn't earn a better score from you.

On the week of September 11th a historic rain storm devastated our region. After years of drought we certainly needed the moisture but never thought it would be this bad. The storm knocked-out our hotel elevator for several days. My staff went above and beyond to help carry luggage for guests, print airline boarding passes, offer guests free bottled water and snacks, and even suggest alternate lodging. I’m happy to report that our elevator is back in service.

Our complimentary hot breakfast is an exceptional value. We serve a variety of delicious and healthy items in accordance with the Homewood brand, including scrambled eggs, sausage patty, French toast, biscuits & gravy, cereals and yogurt. I’m sorry that you decided to skip this great amenity.

Please give us another opportunity to provide a warm welcome. My staff and I are committed to your total satisfaction.

Best Regards,

Gabriel Ruiz
(505)998-4663 x401
Fountain Hills, AZ, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Worst hotel I ever stayed in. Old fashioned, congested rooms, lousy,m noisy A/C., unfriendly front desk. Hotel in a terrible area, no restaurants in area, poor parking, I am a faithful Hilton guy, but never again at this hole.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Inn_Keeper_NM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Please accept my deepest apology for not enjoying your stay to the fullest. I regret missing the opportunity to earn a better score from you. It was always our intention to ensure your total satisfaction. During our routine courtesy call we got the impression that your stay was satisfactory and our deluxe suite was comfortable for you. My hotel is located adjacent to Cracker Barrel, across the street from Denny’s, and within a short driving distance to a variety of fine restaurants. Our hotel features complimentary high-speed internet by AT&T, 37” LCD televisions with high-definition channels, and evening managers reception with hot meals. These and other great features make our hotel an exceptional value for business and leisure travelers.

Thanks for being an Hhonors Silver member and we hope to win back your loyalty on your next visit to scenic Albuquerque.

Kind Regards,

Gabriel Ruiz
(505)998-4663 x401
Monahans, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Nice and big room,made for staying longer but I only stayed one night. Rooms are a little older but very clean. I like the safe location and no outside noise for the other rooms or outside. The morning free breakfast was crowded because the food was very good!!!! Will stay again next time in Albuquerque.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This summer, our law firm had need for multiple reservations over several weeks. The entire staff at Homewood Suites went above and beyond to ensure all our needs were met. A special thank you to Heather who was always nearby when I needed anything. Service was gracious and accommodating at every level. The rooms were comfortable and clean, and the meal service was tasty and well presented. Our clients and their guests were very happy with their experience at the Journal Center Homewood Suites.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center? Share your experiences!