“No Smoking Here” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 145 Hotels in Albuquerque
Dublin, Ireland
“No Smoking Here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Great little spot very close to the old town. The guy who owns it is a nice old fella, although he clearly has a big thing about not smoking. Kinda over the top really, but endearing really. The rooms are well kept, and one of the cleanest and well furnished of the old 66 motels.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Adamconn

SPRING CITY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I love trip advisor & use it regularly. I read the reviews on this facility & saw a couple unhappy people but thought it is hard to please everyone. With an uncertain travel schedule, I booked the room the day before my arrival. Entered my credit card & received a confirmation. Arrived after hours of travel to find a less than friendly man at the front desk. He said my card was not charged & proceeded to run my card at an increased the rate by $10 because there were 2 people in my party & he said the rate I reserved was only for 1 person. WHO does this? Hotels/Motels charge by the room - youth hostels charge by the person. I was not under the impressive this was a young hostel. Does another towel & wash cloth really cost $10? Then, after running my credit card, he refused to allow us to take our bicycles into the room. They are professional racing bikes & I was NOT putting them in his storage room. Why didn't he make this clear BEFORE he ran my credit card. Then I needed to wait until he figured out how to cancel the charge. We walked out to our car to leave & a woman approached us asking us to reconsider. She was kind but at this point we were frustrated & felt like we were treated unfairly. Besides we found a Best Western Plus down the road for a few dollars more with breakfast included. They wasted the time of a weary traveler & now I have to monitor my credit card for the cancellation. Huge disappointment.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank 132Hartford
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Our family decided to stay at this motel after reading the rave reviews here - however, we were completely disappointed. The owner is very rude, didn't seem to know or care to greet guests or respond to a warm greeting from the guest, was arrogant and abrasive. Zero custom service. Room is old and dated, bed very uncomfortable, AC too loud, toilet leaks, bathroom stinky and swimming pool dingy. Price is high for the low quality of the hotel. Would never stay there again. NOT RECOMMENDED.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Wendy L
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

First time to stay at Monterrey Motel and loved it. Bo and Henry are the most hospitable hosts we have met.
The pool is the cleanest we have ever seen, the bathrooms are not cramped, and the rooms are very comfortable. The location is perfect for access to Old Town, Botanical Gardens, and other points of interest. We enjoyed our stay so much we are already planning our return.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BillPayer1952
Las Cruces, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I stayed one night for business. I usually stay at big name hotels and wanted a change. I was in room 115 and had a single queen bed. They provided coffee, tea and a Belvita snack. They had a hairdryer and fridge, no microwave. Super clean and quiet. No nonsense owner but he was respectful. I
would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
Las Cruces, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This hotel is an a great location near Old Town. The front desk person was very helpful in directing us to local restaurants. The rooms are small, but have comfortable beds, flat screen TV, and a good shower. The pool is also very nice. The only thing I didn't like was the small size of the room, and the very low toilet, which I find annoying.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This was one of the prettiest rooms we have ever been in. We needed 2 rooms as we were meeting family. Both rooms were so inviting. Lovely colors, comfy beds and pillows, fun polka dot sheets, nice decor, clean and fresh. We felt really welcome there not like just another customer. It was a hot day when we arrived, the air was on in the rooms so we didn't have to wait for them to cool down. The man that checked us in was ever so kind. He had an accent but it wasn't distracting ( my husband has an accent and often gets the deer in the headlights look... if you listen to what is being said, not the accent, accents don't get in the way of listening... anyhow, he took out a map and showed us the best places to go and how to get there. He was so helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family