I usually stay at a chain property when I pass through ABQ, but it has been going downhill lately. I I can't remember how I stumbled across it, but I found these TripAdvisor reviews and decided to take a chance. By outward appearances I probably never would choose this motel. It's got that old "motor inn" look and is surrounded by mechanic shops. But the pictures showed an updated property with a friendly atmosphere so, something else I never do, I made a reservation (I'm usually a seat-of-my-pants traveller).
The owner was very nice, very helpful, with a good sense of humor. I was being inspected by his dachshund, and noted that the sign says "no pets." He said, "Ya, no pets, but she is not pet. She is boss." LOL!
On my return trip a few days later I had not made any reservations because my schedule was very fluid. I was in Gallup (2 hours away) when I called to ask if by chance he had a room for the night. I said I had stayed there on Tuesday. He said, "Yes, Miss [lastname]. We would be glad to have you back. I still have your information and I'll give you room 3 again since you are familiar." Now that's service! BTW, along with you assigned room you get an assigned parking spot right outside the door. Convenient!
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Non-Smokers Hotel Albuquerque
- Monterey Non-Smokers Hotel
- Monterey Non Smokers Hotel
- Monterey Non Smokers Motel
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Monterey Non-Smokers Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.