“The other way to get to Santa Fe, the low stress way.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 199 things to do in Albuquerque
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Albuquerque, NM
5 attraction reviews
“The other way to get to Santa Fe, the low stress way.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I've never been on a train, and we knew the Rail Ruuner goes to Santa Fe everyday and wanting a weekend getaway, we took the train and stayed at Buffalo Thunder. Great ride, neat views and a carefree trip. Oh and it's cheap, but don't tell anyone, or everyone will want to go....

Visited June 2014

Kansas
15 attraction reviews
“A Convenient way for a day trip to Sante Fe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is the only way to travel to Santa Fe for the day. We purchased a day pass online or you can buy a ticket on board. It was just a few blocks to the plaza for shopping and lots of restaurants close to the station. Sure beats driving! We look forward to the next trip on the Rail Runner. Such a relaxing ride.

Visited August 2014
Lithia Springs, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
“Best Way to Santa Fe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I decided to visit Albuquerque and the hotel told me about the Rail Runner. Instead of renting a car and driving to Santa Fe I took Rail Runner. Best decision ever! I was very impressed with the train and how convenient it was to get to Santa Fe. I purchased an all day pass for $9 for the round trip. When I arrived in Santa Fe I walked to the Georgia Okeefe museum. That's how close the train station is in Santa Fe. Then I walked to the Plaza and finally walked back to the train station. All attractions in Santa Fe are within walking distance of the Rail Runner. If you don't want to walk 2-3 blocks then by all means take the shuttle, (but the exercise will do you good). I'm so glad the state of New Mexico saw a great opportunity to take extra vehicles off the freeway and put in the commuter train. I plan on taking the Rail Runner again next time I'm in Albuquerque.

Visited June 2014
Albuquerque
“Great way to go to Santa Fe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Easy to buy tickets ahead of time on internet. Ease to get on and off. Very clean and smooth ride. Good way to sight see and relax.

Visited July 2014
Eltham, Australia
61 attraction reviews
“Great cheap way to see Santa Fe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Train is $7 for students so it's the easiest and cheapest way to see Santa Fe for the day.
Right next to Amtrack and Greyhound, buy your tickets on board and just enjoy the ride.
Use the free shuttle in Santa Fe to get around. It's ever 15 mins