“Great food and margaritas; friendly staff; comfortable environment.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Patron

El Patron
10551 Montgomery Blvd. NE, Albuquerque, NM
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #185 of 1,536 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Very new restaurant. Moved into one of the closed Garduno's after they filed bankruptcy.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great food and margaritas; friendly staff; comfortable environment.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I simply love this place! I first visited El Patron, with other people, in October when I was in town for a job interview. I just recently moved to town and this has become my place to go to. Great menu - from brunch to dinner; also great happy hour taco bar menu (3-8pm). Best margaritas... no sour mix, only real lime juice! Comfortably place to go by myself. Friendly staff - Kathy, Joey, and Todd are the best! Perfect for a nice sit down dinner or to watch Sunday football at the bar. Fresh, home-made salsa daily. All dinners come with chips/salsa and sopapillas/honey.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“avant garde mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Have eaten here a couple of times. We had different items each time. The salsa is fresh and homemade (I think). Service was speedy, food hot, and very tasty. Left with a very full tummy!

Tucson, Arizona
“An introduction to a Serrano Cream Sauce.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This place was suggested to my wife and I at the Gildan Bowl game and being from Arizona and used to Sonoran Mexican foo decided to try out the local variations. I had a seafood enchilada with a serrano cream sauce that was to die for and their Margaritas we great as well. I highly recommend El Patron if you're in town.

Visited December 2012
Shelton, Washington
“Lovely surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

What a wonderful surprise the newly remodeled El Patron in NE Albuquerque was for my mom, my mom-in-law, and myself today for lunch. We had read about it in the paper and decided to try it out. The atmosphere is absolutely lovely, a nice change from the Mediterranean of the site previously occupied by Gardinos. Attractively appointed booths, very airy and light atmosphere, friendly staff, and a greeting by the owner himself proudly standing at the front door area to make sure that the guests left with smiles. And indeed we did leave with smiles. We ordered from a very diverse menu with plenty for those who did not care for the typical New Mexico fare but preferred instead to have something like chili ribs or green chile chicken lasagna. Mom and I ordered from the senior menu the usual red chile cheese enchilada which is the native New Mexican test for how good the restaurant is. If the red chile is good, not too much cheese on the enchilada, the place gets a nod. In this case, the red chile was very very good, the cheese just right, the pintos cooked to perfection and kept whole and luscious. My beef taco was wonderful, particularly with a side of red enchilada sauce to dump over it and the chile relleno was exactly the way that I liked it, crispy, filled with cheese, and covered with a great green chile sauce. Taquitas off the appetizer menu were also ordered and were accompanied with sour cream and guacamole. Our plates were completely clean at the end of the meal. The extra sauce mopped up by perfect sopapillas. Wonderful service, great meal, mellow relaxing atmosphere. We will definitely return and you should too!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great food, friendly and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Drove in to ABQ Monday night and discovered El Patron Tuesday. The food was fabulous and so much, we never had dinner that night.We stopped in to night on my way out of town and the servers introduced themselves to us and we started sharing pictures of our dogs. I will return home tomorrow but I know when my daughter goes out alone to watch Football, she is in a safe and friendly place. They have a happy hour daily from 3-8:30 and if you want to try a great Margarita....this is the place to go. Not expensive at all!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to El Patron? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage El Patron, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.