“Very convenient” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Lafayette, Colorado
“Very convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Nice hotel in a good location, near the airport but not that far from downtown. A friend and I stayed in a two bedroom suite which was clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. When we asked for a frying pan at the front desk, they went out and bought one for us. All in all, this worked out perfectly for us.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suite isn't huge, but it doesn't feel cramped either, and there are two genu...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I love Marriott and usually stay at the Residence Inn. I stayed at the Towne PLace bec an organization made the reservation for my travel companion.. The Towne Place seems to be a poor cousin to Residence Inn. The hotel is old,the room/suite small and the lay out weird There are few amenities in the room like kleenex in the bedroom or even trash cans with only one under the sink and one in bathroom (no heat lamp there either).No ice bucket and if you want water to bush your teeth,only glasses from kitchen are available.There is no popcorn in the room. Also, no sharp knives,for those who might want to cook and eat something you need to chew..or want to open something!
Re:Breakfast..tables so close together in lobby. it's hard to move and selection is bare minimum.
The "pool",which looks nice on the website, is a postage stamp and the whirlpool tiny and both are very uninviting
I had some trouble getting connected to WiFi..For some reason the portal opens up better if you try to connect your browser to CNN.com.
The hotel is located in sort of an hotel park ,with several places to stay arranged in a horseshoe.The entrance to this area is Centre St..an easily missed roadway .(and make sure not to put CENTRAL in your car's GPS.
The room has no information about local eateries other than the drab Applebee's around the corner.,or options for delivery (and ,unlike Residence Inn,has no happy hour/dinner) and the TV channel info is incorrect,insofar as many of the channels are not available. Also,the area is VERY bright,so make sure to use the curtains at night..altho they don't close completely.Temp in bedroom was either freezing or humid.Oh and since Marriott is kind of known for its bedding,the pillows were gooshy or medium soft..OK for me but not for some.
I'm not sure why Marriott needs a suite hotel that is inferior to Residence Inn.
I don't know how price compares to other places in the area,but if ambience and little extras mean anything ,skip TownePlace. Not sure why some folks are "surprised" about the amenities,eg microwave,,it's a SUITE, Duh :-)

Room Tip: There is an entrance on the left side of the pool on the part of the hotel perpendicular to the entr...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
GMFairfieldTownePlc, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Marsha W,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our hotel - TownePlace Suites by Marriott. I was greatly discouraged that you did not enjoy your stay at our all suite hotel. We strive daily to exceed our guests expectations and provide clean and comfortable accommodations at a competitive value. I would love the opportunity to discuss this with you further, you can reach me at the hotel (505-232-5800) or by email.
Tami J. Scott, GM
Springfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Which I was. Clean, comfortable, way over-equipped for a single nite. Bring some microwave popcorn and a binder clip to keep the drapes from gaping and letting in the exterior floods! Good light breakfast, prompt fast airport shuttle, very friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

First time at this hotel. Location was very good for my use. The room was surprising in that it had a convection/microwave. The kitchen had all the usual, full size refrigerator, dishwasher, dishes and pots and pans. The bed was comfortable and room had a hide a bed, desk and thermostat controlled heat/air. Bathroom was normal and nothing to rave about. Flat screen TV with cable was nice and could be turned for viewing on Sofa, Desk or Bed.
They have a designated smoking area with heat and chairs (I felt this was very thoughtful).
While the outside pool was closed the Jacuzzi was open.
Overall I would stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor and even numbered rooms gives the best view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Spent last night at this hotel conveniently located close to the airport. Our second stay there. We travel a lot and this hotel impresses me all around: Low price, great friendly staff, all amenities you could ask for: full kitchen in our suite, free WiFi, good breakfast buffet, free newspaper and fresh fruit. And the hotel is impeccably clean. Will definitely return!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GMFairfieldTownePlc, Manager at TownePlace Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Lette B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the TownePlace Suites Albuquerque Airport. I am very glad that you had a great and comfortable stay at our hotel - our staff strives daily to combine great service with clean accommodations. I hope you will be back to our hotel soon and please feel free to reach out to me directly for your next reservations.

Thank You again and safe travels to you.

Most Sincerely,
Tami J. Scott, GM
Allegany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I can't emphasize enough how friendly everyone that worked here was. Always polite and a pleasant greeting. The location of the hotel was excellent for airport access and the conference I was attending at UNM. I loved the layout of hotel and rooms. The only downside was the incredibly strong smell of cigarette smoke in my room. If possible, ask for a non-smoking room if they have them available.

• Stayed October 2013
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The staff at this hotel was so warm and kind. The hotel was also immaculate. My studio suite was spacious with a full kitchen (wetbar, stove, microwave, plates, pots etc.) The bed was also very nice and had nine pillows on my king-sized bed. I did not use the pool since I came in October, however it looked clean and large. Overall, I highly this is a fantastic property, in fact much nicer than many full-service Marriotts I have stayed at.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Albuquerque Airport? Share your experiences!