“Great rooms for a great price!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #51 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great rooms for a great price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I book hotel rooms for a traveling group, and it's always nice to find suites for a great price. Our rooms had separate bedrooms from the living space and all the comforts of a long-term stay.There was a laundry facility on the 3rd floor with multiple washers and dryers. I only wish we could've stayed longer!!

Only downside: No car port for the lobby. It was raining when we came in, and our group has a lot of luggage.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were in ABQ for few days before we moved in our own house. We booked 4 nights at the TownePlace. Once at the airport and we pick up our bags, we called the hotel and they send a shuttle just for us free of charges.
We found the room better than we expected: very clean with all we needed. The free internet wireless and wired are quite fast compare to others hotels i have been before. The people, included the cleaning staff, are very welcome and ready to help in any occasion. I have to say the place is very quite even if closed to the airpot. The complementary breakfast is good enough and at least they dont serve plastic beagles as I had in many other hotels!
Only one little thing: My first day I took an yogurts for breakfast and I found that many were out of validity date by 5 days. I pointed it out and the hotel staff changed it immediately. Still this stay worths 5 starts!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I was hopping around New Mexico recently and planned to stay here for only one night... this property was pleasant enough that it ended up being three. (For example, instead of staying up in Santa Fe I just spent the night here and drove up in the morning.)

Everything is clean and modern and the service was excellent. Most of the previous comments are spot on; I'll try not to duplicate...

Apparently room upgrades are rather common here; however I am Silver and didn't get one on either of two separate stays. Not that I ever expect an upgrade or am disappointed by this.

The microwave doubles as a conventional oven. It's fine for things such as pizzas and other basic baked goods, but I wouldn't cook something like a turkey in it.

TV gets about 50 channels and it seemed ALL of them are in HD!

Breakfast is mostly cold/toaster fare with a pancake maker. They have the USA Today; I don't remember seeing the ABQ Journal; they don't have the WSJ.

No daily maid service (not expected) but the front desk is happy to give you extra towels. Front desk suggested stashing the used towels in the closet, where there's a small laundry basket. My room came with four fresh towels.

The pool was closed for the season, but the hot tub (also outdoors) was open and plenty warm. A nice touch.

A Smith's grocery store is about a mile north on Yale. They take Kroger-family club cards.

I heard the occasional airplane from ABQ but the noise wasn't intrusive.

OK, that's enough. You won't go wrong here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Roswell, New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We love the TownePlace Suites and their two bedroom suites. They are perfect for a family of six, but this particular hotel's rooms were small and it was not as nice as others. The staff was great and the room was clean. The breakfast area was a little small, but overall it was very nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tigard, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stay here frequently when we are flying out of Albuquerque as it is close to the airport and very reasonably priced. Rooms are quite nice and functional. Several restaurants within walking distance. Friendly staff. No problems with either check in or check out.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Depoe Bay, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We requested an accessible room but reserved a standard studio room. They did not have that type of room available, so they upgraded us to an accessible 2-bedroom suite for the same price without our even having to ask. Clean room. Friendly staff. Great stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel is 5 stars for the price I paid. The weekend rates at this hotel are about $60-$65 which is what I am basing this review on. Had I paid the midweek rate of over $100 this review would be different as I would have different expectations.

Overall, this is a odd but good property. I was not actually going to the airport but I wanted a hotel with rooms that had a kitchenette for a weekend getaway. I booked the standard suite which has a queen size bed and kitchenette.

Staff - The staff was helpful and efficient, check-in and out was quick and easy and the front desk clerks were nice. The room was clean (and there's a lot to clean when you have a kitchen)

Room - The bed was comfortable, the bathroom decent size, clean, and included all the basics. I didn't like the toiletries provided, but they weren't bad. You may hear noise from the hallway, and other rooms but nothing that kept me up at night.

Amenities - The internet was free and fast (I used the wire which is located on the desk), the breakfast was nicer than I expected, although don't expect anything too fancy. I was happy they had packaged mufins, fruit, and small yogurts that I can take on the go. I didn't use the pool but it looked nice and clean and there were always people using it when I walked by. I used the computer in the lobby to print out a coupon and had no issues. They have 2 computers available.

Be aware that this is a extended stay property, so you may not have full housekeeping each day, although there will be some cleaning daily. They have a small market in the lobby with fast food which may come in handy, although there is a Smith's grocery store a few blocks away. Applebee's is a parking lot away but does not deliver to the hotel, it's a easy walk to pick it up and the rooms have a Applebee's menu.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to TownePlace Suites Albuquerque Airport? Share your experiences!