“The Gem of North Valley Albuquerque” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Farm and Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #188 of 1,543 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Alameda
Transit: From downtown Albuquerque, take the 10 North Fourth Street (Northbound). Arrive at 4th @ Ortega; .21 mile walk North; Farm & Table is on the West side of the street.
New Mexico
“The Gem of North Valley Albuquerque”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a "must eat" at restaurant in Albuquerque. They have their own green house and garden of fresh vegetables growing right outside the restaurant. All meats, poultry and dairy are from local farmers. Fish is flown in directly from Hawaii. I have eaten there several times and have never been disappointed in anything. What is unique is that the menu will change depending on what is growing and what is in season. My favorites so far are the mussels with green chili broth, pork belly and bone marrow appetizers, rack of lamb, all of the fish, butter pecan ice cream and the flourless chocolate cake. Every bite is a tasteful delight.
It is also in a beautiful location in the Albuquerque North Valley.

• Visited March 2013

Des Moines, IA
“Support the Local Food Movement at This Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

A former student tipped me off to this place. It's located not far from the Balloon Field is a somewhat nondescript area, but that is the only negative I can come up with. The food was excellent, the restaurant classy and the service steady. Our server was training a new person so I suspect the service is even better when the regulars are in place. My wife had cocoa crusted duck breast and said it was the best duck she has ever eaten. I had pan fried trout and thought it was excellent. One of the highligts of the meal was outr potatoes. Mine were thin sliced and tender and provided a great companion for my trout. My wife's potatoes looked almost like an au gratin casserole. Wine selection is somewhat small, but offers a good range of tastes and prices. One of the real surprises of the meal was the sorbet and ice cream. My wife had a coconut crusted lemon sorbet and I had the superb chocolate truffle ice cream. We also got a chane to look over the small vegetable farm out back so we could see where some of the produce is grown. We eat out a lot and always love to support locally grown foods. This place is keeper and one we will visit many times.

Visited March 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Disappointed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The owner is loud and obnoxious. He comes up to your table, and says in a very loud voice, "How was everything? Did justin treat you OK?" It was asked in a way that, as my wife put it, the only acceptable answer was to say "fine." You didn't want to say anything else, because you just wanted the owner to go away. Had you said anything truthful, it would have invited him to stay at the table. In reality, the food was OK for the most part. But there was a stone in my soup. I guess that's evidence of food coming from the farm. Actual stone. I still have it. I will never go back there. Can't stand the loud owner.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Five stars from us!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We were visiting Albuquerque and followed the recommendation from a local; and were treated to a fabulous evening of great food, service, and hospitality. The choices and combinations of flavors were delicious!

Scottsdale, Arizona
“AWESOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were visiting a daughter in ABQ and went out for dinner. We were amazed by finding such a wonderful restaurant. Food and service were perfect. The quinoa salad, empanadas, and duck were all wonderful. Staff was attentive and very helpful. We cant wait to go back!

• Visited February 2013