“Clean, Comfy, Great Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Albuquerque North

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Albuquerque North to your Saves list
Residence Inn Albuquerque North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4331 The Lane 25 NE, Off I-25 and Jefferson, Albuquerque, NM 87108   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #51 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
MA
“Clean, Comfy, Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here four nights in a 1 bedroom suite, the end of the week of Balloon Fiesta. Check in was easy and Jay was very friendly and helpful with all my questions regarding the area and the balloons. The suite was very nice with an open concept living room/ kitchen and seperate bedroom. The bath area had the sink and mirror, then the room with the toilet and shower which I find very convenient. I did think the bedroom was a little on the small side, but it was adequate. The bed was probably one of comfiest beds I have ever slept on in a hotel and my husband agreed. The suite was very clean. I check for dust in many hidden places and didn't find a trace. We had the breakfast, which is included, a couple of mornings. There was a fresh cut fruit bowl , which was delicious. Also offered were, sausages, home fries, toast , bagels, muffins, waffles, cereal and probaly more that I forgot. More than adequate. It was also offered stating at 4:30AM on the weekend so you could eat before you left to see the balloons. A variet of coffe, tea and juices were also available. Jay was going around talking to the guests, just a nice atmosphere. The area was also decorated nicely. I did use the laundry facility which was also very clean and only$1.00 a load, which is very reasonable compared to other hotel laundry facilities. We also ate next door at the Fox & Hound which was a fun , reasonable restaurant.
Overall we really enjoyed ourselves here and would definitely stay here again. It was close to the balloon park, we saw them one morning from our window and not that far from any other area of Albuquerque. We had a nice view of the Sandia Mountains from our room too. It is close to the highway, but I never heard any traffic. A pretty quiet area at night.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Sandia Mountains.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I booked two nights at this Residence Inn using some Marriott points. Its location was very convenient to Cliff’s Amusement Park, which is one of the Park and Ride locations for the Hot Air Balloon Fiesta. The location did not disappoint. It was a two minute drive (potentially walkable) to the Balloon Fiesta Park and Ride, and there were many convenient restaurants within walking distance or short driving distance (including Weck’s, a fantastic local chain).

I’ve stayed at many Residence Inn’s in the past, and the room at this one was pretty comparable to other Residence Inn suites and included a sofa, chair, coffee table, small dining table, desk, kitchenette (including a full size fridge, microwave, stove, and sink).

The first room we were checked into smelled like cigarette smoke. I called to the front desk, and they said that it was an entirely non smoking property, and they offered us another room. We got the keys for the new room, and it smelled slightly less like cigarette smoke. Perhaps housekeeping uses a cleaning solution that smells like cigarettes? Maybe they should switch it?

On our last day in this room, I saw a live roach scurrying near the bed. It was 4AM and we were heading out to the Balloon Fiesta, so we killed it and I would discuss it with the front desk after we returned from the Fiesta. By the time we returned, there was a new roach, this one already dead, in our kitchen. Super gross.

I went to the front desk, and the employee got the manager. The manager gave this long script about how they have a contract with a local extermination company and how dead roaches are a “good” thing, because that means the extermination chemicals are working. I was like, “ummm, but it could’ve crawled all over our stuff before dying on the kitchen floor.” As for the live roach, he said that “This IS Albuquerque and the seasons ARE changing.” As if that explained everything.

I told him that I have stayed at hotels all over the world, including budget hotels in places like India and Vietnam and that I’ve never, ever seen a roach in a hotel room. And that I have stayed at hotels in Florida, where roaches are common, and I’ve stayed at hotels during during “season changes,” and have never seen a roach.

Then, in a sarcastic and rude voice, the manager says, “Oh, so you’ve never seen a roach before, okay, I see.” I said that in a hotel, no, I have never seen a roach. I told him outright that I expected compensation because he was clearly not going to offer anything, including an apology. He started pounding the keys on his keyboard and refunded me one night’s worth of Marriott points. He never did offer an apology.

While this was a convenient location for the Balloon Fiesta Park & Ride at Cliff’s Amusement Park and there were lots of restaurants nearby, there were plenty of other hotels in that same area, so I would not recommend this one.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Booked this hotel through Hotels.com for a party of two adult individuals traveling together, asked for two queen size beds to be reserved. Got to the hotel to find out that the rooms only had one queen size bed and one full size sofa bed. After getting a 10% discount to stay... IT WAS NOT WORTH IT. The room had a microwave, full kitchen, and two flat screen TVs. The shower curtain was barely holding into the wall and was off the master bedroom only. One ice machine on the first floor could have been a long walk. The morning hot breakfast buffet was not bad... but the same every morning. Outside they had a pool, hot tub, and basketball court for the kids and a decent view of Sandia Peak. Twin Peaks was next door.... hmmmmm.

Room Tip: Their only real option to handle a family is a one bedroom with a sleeper sofa in the living room...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jay B, Manager at Residence Inn Albuquerque North, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
I am sorry to learn that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. It seems like the third party that you booked through was not clear about the room type you were booked in. I will make sure that the third party has more information about our hotel. We offer Studios, One Bedroom, and Two Bedroom Suites. I think that a Two Bedroom Suite would have been more comfortable for you. Our Two Bedroom Suites have two complete bathrooms that are perfect for two People. I would also like to mention that while we do have an ice machine on the first floor, all of our rooms have full kitchens that include an ice maker in the freezer. I hope that the next time you stay in our city, you will give us another chance to show you what Residence Inn is all about. Sincerely, Jay Blount- General Manager
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Three friends and I visit Albuquerque each fall for a golf trip and we look for clean and centrally located accommodations, preferable where we can each have our own bedroom. This hotel has nicely priced two bedroom suites that were perfect for us. We did not use the full kitchen, but the rooms were well appointed and nicely sized with flat panel TVs, couches, work tables, etc. We had no issues with noise. Additionally breakfast was included. I did not eat the "hot" foods such as eggs and bacon, but my friends tried it and it was not exactly hot. But for me oatmeal, bagels, yogurt and fruit worked very well. The hotel is also within walking distance of a number of restaurants, so you have some dining choices. With easy access to I-25 North and South, this hotel was perfect for us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Silver City, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Nothing fancy, but clean and well cared for. All staff was what you'd expect at a Marriott. Great location for everything.

As long as the maintenance staff stays on top of things, we'll be staying here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We say in a lot of mariott properties. This one looked good, but disappointed. We wre supposed to stay 4 nights but moved to a Mariott Courtyard after the first night. The shower/tub and bathroom sink drains wre both totally clogged. they sent up maint. who fixed the tub but the sink was still reaaaaaally slow. That night people partied loudly down in the pool area (adults, not kids) until after 11:00 PM. We went down for breakfast and it was a disaster, silverware an napkins empty,garbages filled to overflowing, every table and surface covered in food residue and the floors filthy. You could hear people talking and laughing in the back room, but not paying any attention to the breakfast. The facility itself seemed nice but the staff geneally seemed to care less.

We're generally pretty easygoing and appreciate the try, but this was not a place I could recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Marie G, Manager at Residence Inn Albuquerque North, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
I am so sorry to learn that your stay was anything but excellent. I value your comments and can assure you that corrective action has been taken. I hope that you will come back and give us another chance to WOW you. Thank you again for your comments.
Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stopped in Albuquerque on our way to California and chose this location based on visiting relatives. We could see it from the interstate but found it a little difficult to find. However after we got there it was great. We loved the room and how quiet it was. The staff was friendly and helpful. While there isn't a free breakfast, the buffet we had was reasonable and plentiful. We would definitely stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Albuquerque North? Share your experiences!