“Horrible!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
lubbock, tx
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

First room heater made bad noise, they said it couldn't be fixed. They moved us to an outside room and it wasn't much better. No iron, coffee pot didn't work, finally they replaced late the next day. The noise was bad from the atrium on fri and sat. nights. They allowed everyone from wedding on Sat. to park in the parking for hotel guest so we had no place to park. The people were not helpful at all. Then by credit card was billed twice for the same trip, still have not gotten that straightened out. I was charged 130.00 per night during balloon festival, that was too much for the service.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

Not a picky person and knew that this hotel was somewhat in the "budget hotel" range...but would not stay there again. Rooms are roomy and mostly comfortable, but the breakfast area is an open area leading to all of the rooms and the owner/managers book weddings and dance parties there. All night long you get to hear the festivities pounding though the walls and doorway. We had this 2 nights in a row and this also causes a shortage in parking. Had to park in the surrounding neighborhood which was sketchy...cop cars all over.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Monument, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

use this hotel only if you have no other choice for a place to sleep. We arrived and the hotel had our reservations wrong. Was prepared for this because of other reviews so I had my paper work ready. Staff was rude. Pool was gross. Room was shabby, but the beds were clean. Would not ever stay here again.

New York City and LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

They couldn't find our reservation to begin with, luckily I had printed it out so had something to show them, it was 'Balloon Weekend" when we were there so the place was crowded and they didn't have a King room for us, the desk clerk was overwhelmed and the place is a design nightmare, so insane that the clerk couldn't even explain to us how to get to our room, originally saying that the elevator didn't go to the second floor, but then saying that it did but we had to go up another flight of stairs. The room was awful, it looked like a really crappy apartment , was less than spotlessly clean and it was supposed to be a King Suite, no decor , horrible furnishings and really loud. And don't get me started on the horror that was the parking garage, which ironically had a fountain in the middle of it! Our experience here made me never want to set foot in Albuquerque ever again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Altadena, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

Had a bad feeling about the place as soon as we arrived. We totally relied on the reviews from tripadvisor on this selection. The price was reasonable, $89 during Balloon Fiesta, but you get what you pay for. The place holds a Karaoke events during the weekends and even though their underground gate secured parking is supposed to stay closed they leave it open all night long.

Our car was one of 5 cars that got hit that night. I would not recommend this place unless you like to spend your vacation getting you're car windows replaced and trying to get a hold of the hotels management.

If you're on vacation stay away from this place, you can get better accommodations elsewhere

Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

I can't imagin what the other reviewers saw in this place. Yes the lobby was nice but the rooms are horrible! You walk in and realy can't imagine taking your shoes off. The beds were clean and so were the bathrooms but I turned the hot water on to fill the tub and the water was a rusty color. I checked out the next day because it's just not comfortable to me to stay in a building that is so old and had very little upkeep. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

Earlier this month, my family and I stayed at BS.. My boys 5 & 12, and my husband came with me to a drs appt. The kids loved the elevator in the hotel, and I really liked the design of the place.
The guy working at the front desk did not give any instructions, like where the breakfast would be, where the pool was, or anything like that.
We had a good time. The indoor pool was small, but perfect for my 5 yr old. The room was pretty big, which helped to not feel cramped up with 4 people. I do have to complain that there was a dead bug in my room by the door, but other than that it was pretty good. I HATED the beds though.. They were very hard and uncomfortable.
The game room had about 3 video games that functioned and a pool table.
The free breakfast was good..

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Barcelona Suites? Share your experiences!