“Nice!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Great stay and friendly staff.underground parking was great. Our fridge didnt work and they fixed immediately. Pool was great and breakfast was yummy. Mickey mouse pancakes were a hit with the kids. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2011
newmexicot123, General Manager at Barcelona Suites, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Thank you so much for your comments. Is wonderful to know that you took time out to let us know how our staff is doing. We will definitely pass on your comments to them.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

This hotel is dirty, in a terrible location, and unsafe. The windows do not lock and the ceiling has mold in it. The staff was unwilling to assist me, and did not return our phone calls.

• Stayed September 2011
Thank your for your comments about our hotel. Unfortunately, we did not receive a phone call from you about your stay. We do provide adequate security measures such as a gated underground parking, 24 surveillance system, and staff members to patrol the entire building. We have checked all the windows and are fixing those that do not lock properly. If you contact me directly I would be happy to address these issues further.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

This hotel was really nice for the price, however the cleaning was lazy with refolding of used towels off the floor, and no basic replenishment of coffee or soap. Very loud guests staying up on the patios until two in the morning. Just a dirty, non restful hotel. Very dissatisfied.

Socorro, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Gated underground parking is great especially if traveling alone. Wonderful and fast breakfast. Has Improved in the last few years.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

My suite was beautiful and the separate sitting area was perfect to work in. Beds were super comfortable and I thoroughly enjoyed the hot breakfast every morning. I was here to do some work at the Expo New Mexico Center and this location was perfect. Snuck off to the Rio Grande Zoo one afternoon and found this a very convenient hotel to stay. The indoor pool and hot tub are very nice and relaxing. The staff was helpful and went out of their way to make sure my stay was enjoyable. Perfect Albuquerque hotel for business or families - lots of bang for the buck!

Room Tip: Dont miss the breakfast - really one of the best you can get at a hotel!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Reserved a handicapped room. Upon arriving, the assigned room was a long journey over a rough tile floor. The threshold to the room was 1.5 inches high, and luggage cart would not go over. Too much furniture in room; wife had to move some furniture to be able to get suitcase into bedroom area. Bathroom grab rails mounted at an incorrect height. Room overllooked busy street which was very noisey all night. Scraped the bottom of my wheelchair van on each trip in and out of the basement level parking garage. Luggage cart fell apart twice between room and parking garage. Good complimentary breakfast, but not sure if it was worth all the other shortcomings.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from Louisiana Blvd.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I had originally made reservations online, because I know back in the day it was the place to stay. I decided to look at the reviews and did not like what I saw. I then called the office and asked to cancel my reservation. The manager asked why and I told her I was not happy with the reviews I read. She said she would give be the jacuzzi suite at a discount if I would just give them a chance. Called her back and said sure! When we went to check in I was going to pay cash for the room and wanted a $100.00 deposit because we wanted to pay cash. I was very, very, very upset because I was not told this when I decided to stay there. They would not give us a room. It was my daughters b-day and Spanish Market. Didn't think we could find another place to stay. But luckily Clubhouse Inn took us with no problems and we paid CASH. Love Clubhouse Inn best experience ever. Was kind of happy things worked out this way. When I walked into Barcelona there was an awkward smell to the place and looked older than a lot of hotels here in Santa Fe. My advise, DON"T STAY THERE. Heard there are cockroaches and ........

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
newmexicot123, General Manager at Barcelona Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Thank you so much for your comments. We apologize that you did not get to stay with us. However, it is hotel policy to pay a $100 deposit at check in (refundable at checkout) when paying cash. This is standard hotel policy and give assurance to the hotel that incidental charges will be covered. We apologize again that you found this to be an "older" hotel. It is an older hotel but has been renovated recently and is in great shape. We feel the uniqueness of our hotel provides character to visitors to Albuquerque.

We do our best to keep our guests happy and maintain the hotel to the highest standard.