“Great hotel and very close to the airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now, Save Up to 25%
Ranked #27 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
Nebraska
“Great hotel and very close to the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

When I travel to New Mexico my return flight is almost always very early in the morning. I stay at this hotel because not only is it very close to the hotel, but it is also very nice! The hotel is clean, attractive, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. And even with all that, the price is great. The rooms are nice and almost always are quiet. The bar has a small but good selection of local beers and friendly bartenders. The breakfast is really good and the chef making the omelettes does a really good job and seems to take pride in the results. I'd definitely stay here again, and very likely will!

213 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

There were quite a few things that went wrong adding to a less than stellar review.
1) called for shuttle service, was told 10 minutes... after a 1/2 hour I called back only to find out I was forgotten
2) the front desk could not find my reservation and the person behind the was not very personable (I'm Diamond and thank goodness I had my confirmation #)
3) the onsite restaurant was not fully operational, and its the only option in the area. At least the young lady working the restaurant was very nice and made the best of the situation, and
4) the room was not very clean

On a positive note, the morning (4:30AM) shuttle driver was very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Cathy M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. We certainly do not like to hear that a guest of ours did not enjoy their stay. I do want to begin by apologizing for the restaurant situation. Unfortunately we had a piece of equipment go down unexpectedly. Due to this the restaurant had to work on a limited menu until the machinery could be replaced. I have addressed all of your other issues with the appropriate managers to ensure these type of issues do not repeat themselves. I am truly sorry your experiece was not the best. Please know we value you as a Diamond member and do hope your future stays at any Hilton Hotel proves to be much more satisfying.
København, Danmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The hotel is really close to the airport and the price is very fair compared to the service. There are restaurant, bar and several other services. Fitness is a VERY small room.
They need to fix the aircondition. It made so much noise all night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mikkel,

I am sorry to hear the air conditioner in your room was too loud. I have asked my Chief Engineer to take a look at the unit to ensure we no longer have issues with the sound level. Please know we never like to hear a guest stay is not up to par. I do hope your future stays with Hilton prove to be much more satisfying.
Keizer, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have stayed at many locations traveling for business. This stands out as one of the best with the friendliest staff you could ask for. I would definitely stay again. Great location for having to be at the airport for a early a.m flight

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Corona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The staff I encountered were all very helpful and friendly. However, Shamika (Great American Grill) was a pure delight. Room is large and comfortable. We got a room with a whirlpool tub and it was worth it after a long day on the road. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lomira, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The shuttle driver was the highlight of my trip - she stayed 10 minutes late to pick me up from the airport when my flight was 1 hour late. However, there was no food or drink, and no one cared to assist me. After a long day of travel, a beer and a sandwich would have been a delight. No one cared to help.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Cathy M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write in your concerns. We certainly value your input. I am familiar with your stay as you completed a Hilton Guest Survey as well. I do apologize that the desk associate was not able to accomodate your meal request. Unfortunately after midnight in our area there is very limited availability to any food deliveries as well as open restaurants and most pizza deliveries stop at midnight. We do offer a range of items in our pantry for future consideration.

I am pleased however that the shuttle driver was able to assist with your late arrival.

Please know we value your opinion and will share your concerns with our staff to hopefully make the next guest who arrives late and is hungry feel more cared for. My sincerest apologies for leaving you with a less than desireable feeling about our hotel. I hope your future stays prove to be much more satisfying.
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The only really bad thing I can say about the hotel is that the bed could have been softer. I prefer a soft bed. Room was large, clean, and whirlpool tub was relaxing. Breakfast pricey. Close to University.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Airport? Share your experiences!