“Great Find-Great Price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
Indio
“Great Find-Great Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We were there for a graduation and looking for a good price near the university. What a great price and a great find! The hotel looked great; the rooms are refurbished, clean, and attractive. Staff was always helpful, especially Tele at the front desk. We had good breakfasts and lunches in the little restaurant and the prices weren't terribly expensive. The location was close to Central Avenue, the main university drag for restaurants, and is right next to the airport. All in all, a good spot in Albuquerque...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

213 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Palm Desert, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Price seemed a little lower than surrounding hotels, but about the same after paying for breakfast for two. We don't like duvet bedding, never have, never will. Can't something be done to quite the airconditioners?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Centerville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Breakfast was too expensive with most offering complimentary. Air Condintioning loud. Bathroom had water bubble up in bathtub that stunk. Area was close to airport, good location. No room service for food. Over all ok, but not close to the other Hilton Hotels I have stayed at.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Cathy M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write in your comments. The Hilton Garden Inn brand does not offer complimentary breakfast. Our Hilton Honors Diamond and Gold status guests do have the option to receive complimentary breakfast as part of our loyalty program. We also do offer room service but only for the dinner hour and that is offered 7 days a week. I apologize if there was any confusion with this service. Additionally, I do apologize for the issues you addressed with the bathroom. This is not a common issue so I will ensure my chief engineer will be researching as to why this type of issue occured in your room.

We certainly want to leave our guest with an overall good feel and I do apologize that we were not able to acheive this with your stay. We do hope you will give our hotel another opportunity. Once again thank you and I do hope your future stays prove to be much more satisfying.

Cathy Martinez
Ortonville, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were in town for a visit with my son and daughter-in-law for 3 nights and LOVED our stay!! The staff were incredible and always there to help!! We enjoyed the breakfast buffet with the custom eggs.....very fluffy omelets!! The four is us enjoyed the bar area on our last night hanging out with a nice bottle of wine!! Wish I wasn't still full from dinner so we could enjoy the evening menu!! And the best part, 2 minutes away from the airport!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Shorewood, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Love the Hilton Garden Inn by the airport in Albuquerque. The staff is so friendly and helpful! Each visit seems like I'm visitng family again. The closeness and free shuttle to the airport means I have more time to devote to my own activities rather than to wait in the airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We only stayed one night on our way home the next morning, but the accommodations and the staff couldn't have been more perfect. Hotel has had a renovation and the fact that it is almost within walking distance (we didn't) of the airport is impressive....the van driver was very friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
atlanta ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was back in ABQ for work and was looking to book my hotel, and since my last stay at this hotel was not so great, I have stayed away from it over the last several trips to town since Homewood Suites is right down the road and their rates were always within a few dollars when I was in town. There is also a Hampton Inn very close by but it is an outdoor access hotel which in my book is just a motel. BUT this trip the Hilton GI rate had a better rate and so I thought I would give them another chance, and am glad I did. I stayed 3 nights end of April- early May

Since I know better about the parking situation that griped me last time, I pulled up, checked in, went to my room with all my bags and then came down and moved my car into the underground garage. That worked out perfectly.

The hotel has had a nice remodel, and a fresh look in all the common areas. Restaurant was still good service and good food. Managers Reception on Wed Eve was a nice touch. The staff was so much better and attentive than what I experienced before, so kudos to the management who has hired and trained an above par group. Another positive change for this stay.

Now I will say my room could have used a bit of a freshening up. I had wallpaper in my room that was coming off at the seam right next to the bed. I had wallpaper in the bedroom that was coming off. I had a deep jacuzzi tub which was nice, but it appeared to have either come away from the wall a little bit, or the thick caulk line had just opened up or maybe never been caulked at all.. Little things like this maybe others wont notice. I do, but I'm a but particular since I stayed in Hotels over 100 nights last year. Either way a bit unsitely, but not terrible. Toiletries and Soaps were nice. Not the cheap "dish soap" smelling kind of stuff you get in some hotels. The bed was comfortable, and thank you for keeping the 2 feather pillows in the rooms and not going to all foam ones which a lot of properties are doing. Pillows make for a good night sleep in my opinion.

As a Diamond Member I was offered free breakfast OR extra points.. which I find odd. I stay in ALOT of hilton properties, and diamond members almost 100% of the time get the breakfast included. I was surprised I was given an "either - or" choice. I chose xtra points as per my profile, but b'fast would have been nice too. ( just a suggestion mr or mrs manager )
It IS included at the Homewood Suites, and Hampton Inn right on your block.

Because of the condition of the room I couldn't give it a perfect score, but it is much improved over the last time. This property is definitely back on the list for when I come to ABQ as long as their rates stay down and their service stays up.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Airport? Share your experiences!