“If I could give a score in the negatives I would.” 1 of 5 stars

Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2601 Yale Blvd SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106 (Sunport)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #25 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
“If I could give a score in the negatives I would.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

The customer service at this hotel absolutly floored me when I walked in to check inn. Tele, the front desk lady took several calls while "trying" to check us in. I was there for a charity invotational for a hospital. My room was suppose to have been taken care of before we got there. This was not the case. Tele looked at me and dead on said im sorry, but there is nothing i can do. This caused quite the argument considering i had 2 suites booked with a confirmation for two nights and it being balloon fiesta weekend there were no other hotels available. I asked to speak to the manager at that point i was told she would be back later. Stunned as were the three other people in my party i got on the phone to fix the problem. An hour later and an extremely rude manager later who told us she knew Teles customer service was good as she was a long time employee (im thinking friend or family) we were finaly able to get into our rooms to get ready for our charity dinner. The rest of our stay was a nightmare to say the least with Tele always at the front counter with her dirty looks and attitude. Our rooms were not cleaned, no doubt due to the great front desk ladies. I will NEVER stay at one of the hilton properties again, but as the saying goes "you get what you pay for".

• Stayed October 2012

237 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

I won a 2 night stay at this hotel at a charity event through my church. However, when I arrived, a very rude front desk attendant named Tele told us no one informed the church that they needed to fax over additional information, they only put the card on file without asking authorization. Instead of helping us figure out what we needed to do, they argued with us making us feel at fault.... All for charity :) do it for the kids guys!

• Stayed October 2012
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

If you are looking for lodging in this part of town, stay here. We booked this hotel to be near the airport and to use the hotel's shuttle for our early morning flight. It was the perfect choice. The only thing missing was a view. We weren't even bothered by airport noise. The hotel is very clean, which is number one on my list, and it has been recently updated. The public areas are lovely. The room was clean, ample and updated. Even our duvet cover was fresh and just-laundered, according to the literature. Generous bathroom size, generous nice linens, great lighting, wonderful mattress and pillows, comfortable chairs (especially the desk chair), small fridge and microwave, wireless, and lovely room-darkening drapes. And, oh, a great room airconditioner. The hotel had airline arrival and departure info on screens in the lobby. The shuttle departs very frequently. And very importantly, the staff is most friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. I cannot comment about the parking or nearby attractions, and we we were too hurried to eat the breakfast which was available off the lobby, but it looked good. If this is what you are seeking, don't hesitate to choose this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
decatur, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Once again we choose HGI for our base in ABQ. We really like HGI and will stay at one whenever we can find one where we will be travleing. King rooms with optional hot tubs in some rooms. adjustable beds, great TV channel choice if U really need that. the breakfast and dinner service is so good too. the staff all were working hard to smile and be at your service, after all this is a service oriented business from the housekeeping employees, the front desk clerks, our driver/bellman, the dinning room servers the cook too. We have found this kind of smiling service at all the HGIs across this country, and I am neither a businessman or rich in any way.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel is one of the best for the dollar in Albuquerque. The Breakfast was the best. A custom spinach egg with a crap load of red and green chillies. The band width for Internet was perfect. The nightly chef was excellent also. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Talent, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I spent one night at the Albuquerque Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel shuttle driver was very accommodating and even picked up my friend from the Comfort Inn down the street to take us to Nob Hill. The room was pleasant although I found the smell of whatever they used to clean and freshen the room a bit cloying. The bed was comfortable, and the staff was helpful. It took only a few minutes to get take me to the airport in the morning, and yet there was no noise from the jets in the room. As a Hilton Honors member I received a voucher for 2 free bottles of water. I didn't eat at the onsite restaurant, except for the breakfast buffet. It wasn't exceptional, but was okay. You could also order fresh made omelets or pancakes. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Upon arrival we were very impressed by the open and modern furnished lobby, then greeted by warm, professional person at the desk.

Our reservation was immediately located, our room assigned. Within moments of checking into the room, the front desk staff called to make certain that we were happy with our room. We were; very much so.

Very nicely furnished; comfortable easy chair; flat panel TV with good cable choices.

The room was clean. The only complaint would be that while showering the water unexpectedly turned cold and pressure dropped for about a minute. This only happened during one of our two morning showers.

We told the front desk staff about what had happened and they sincerely thanked us for the info and assured us that they would report it to maintenance staff.

Great location, i.e. very close to a/p (but no a/p noise), and many restaurants nearby. We particularly liked the Valley Inn, open 24 hours.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Airport? Share your experiences!