“best mexican restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“best mexican restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have lived in Albuquerque for 37 years and this is the best place around. It was sad when the original owner died of a heart attack while climbing the La Luse trail. The twins sold the restaurant to I don't know whom, but I don't see a change in quality. I usually have the fajitas, which in truth could feed 2 people!

Visited September 2012

Rio Rancho, NM
“New Mexican Excellence”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Walking into this restaurant, I thought the lights were a bit too bright and the decor somewhat inconsistent in style, but once I tasted the food, I was hooked. Tortilla chips were brought out with a red sauce, not the usual salsa, but what appeared to be ingredients put through a blender to create a dip unlike anything I've had before. The consistency was perfect for scooping onto chips without dripping and the flavor was highlighted by just the right amount of peppers to give it a pleasant "bite". When the main courses were placed on the table, the food looked much like Mexican food at any other restaurant. The difference is in the quality and perfect seasoning of the ingredients which result in a flavor far superior to most. The guacamole was among the best I've ever had. Service was very good, with the server refilling water and iced tea as needed and checking in on us from time to time. At the end of our meal, we realized that we never got our sopapillas, but we had no room to eat anything else anyway.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SW Colorado
“My husband loves this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Friends here at home in Bayfield, CO told us about this restaurant and we've been there twice so far when we were in Albuquerque. Husband even bought a jar of their hot sauce and loves it too!

Visited December 2011