“Best fish tacos in NM!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pasion Latin Fusion Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 1,499 restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Reservations, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 8th St. NW
Transit: Bus Line
“Best fish tacos in NM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Great place with love in their cooking! Fresh ingredients and most diverse menu choice in NM. Tough location to find, but worth the trouble! Authentic atmosphere and high quality food.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MBencomo, Owner at Pasion Latin Fusion Restaurant, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hey, thanks for calling us the "most diverse" restaurant in ABQ! If you loved us then, you'll really love us now! Come back in and see us anytime! We've made many great changes to our service, decor, and menu.

88% Recommend
South San Francisco, California
“Very unique flavors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The ambiance is nice, my waitress was very friendly, and the food was very flavorful. I had the daily special and unfortunately I don't remember the full description, but it was a salmon wrapped in a banana leaf over some sort of very flavorful rice. I had never had anything like it and didn't know what to expect. At first, I thought the salmon was somewhat bland, but as I kept eating, all the different flavors started to permeate and I was blown away buy just how flavorful everything was. It turned out that the salmon wasn't really the star of the dish, but everything that went with it, from the rice to some kind of caramelized banana (I think), really brought the entire dish to life. Overall, it was a very enjoyable meal with a lot of interesting and unexpected flavors. As a non-native of Albuquerque, I'm disappointed that I won't get to eat here again until my next visit to Albuquerque, which may not happen for a long time. But to anyone visiting or living in or around the area, I highly recommend you give this place a try.

Visited November 2012
Very glad you enjoyed your visit to Pasion! We'd love to have you next time you're in Albuquerque. We are going on celebrating our 3rd year anniversary and have a new decor, menu, and more!

“Wonderful seafood dishes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

In land-locked Albuquerque, our choices for seafood are limited and somewhat expensive. I have been delighted with several dishes I have tried here. Fish tacos with fillets encrusted with plantain chips are delicious. The ceviche was out of this world. My wife doesn't eat seafood, but has enjoyed turkey osso busco and empanadas. Live music on Friday night was delightful. Service has been friendly, and dishes have been meticulously prepared.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
So glad you enjoyed our seafood and empanandas! We've added even more delicious Latin tapas or bocaditos to our menu, and we'd love to have to you back to try more!

Thank you for taking the time to write Pasion a review,

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Very poor customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We handed our Groupon to the OWNER (which was also our waitress) when we sat down & she took it. It was only after we had our drinks & ordered the food that she told us she couldn't honor the Groupon b/c it was $40 worth for FOUR people, not 2. I had not even noticed that the Groupon was four FOUR people. I had simply bought a Groupon as far as I knew. I asked her if she could honor it since she was only now bringing it our attention. She said that she had only noticed how much the Groupon was for after we placed our order. She said she could bend "the rules" & treat it as a $20 Groupon for 2 (which means after the $18 I paid for the Groupon, we would get $2 worth of food) I said, "you're the owner aren't you? You can honor the $40 groupon if you want to. But she refused. So we left. Technically I was escorted out the door, but my 78 year old Mom with her walker was allowed to stay & finish her wine. All I'm saying is that if she had brought it to our attention when we first gave her the Groupon & she had explained why it wasn't valid, we would have happily sat down & paid full price for dinner. But she didn't. She pulled a bait & switch on us. Too bad; I kind of liked that place, but we won't be going back.

• Visited October 2012
We apologize for the inconvenience with the coupons, but we unfortunately will not be utilizing Groupons any more for that reason you mention. If we allowed every table that requested to redeem the value for 4 people when there are only 2 present, we would no longer be in business.

We understand your frustration, but welcome you back in to dine with us anytime. Since appearing on the Food Network, we've remodeled our front of house, and offer a great menu which is very reasonably priced.

Thank you for your review!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“A HIDDEN GEM! A PRECIOUS JEWEL!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

O.K., I know my headline seems over the top, but if you read my other reviews, you'll note that I'm not an over-the-top-person. It was just that I was so blown away by the food here and it was such a surprise to find this wonderful local eatery, that I can't hide my enthusiasm. Let me start by saying that the ONLY reason we ate here is because I got a Groupon deal. For us, it was a bit out of the way and I'd never heard of the place and our coupon had now expired and I was too cheap to now at least get the face value. Besides, we were sort of in the neighborhood. We got there at 11:30 and NO ONE WAS IN THE PLACE...on a Saturday at lunch time!! We almost turned around and left, except for the friendly waitperson who greeted us so sincerely. We, actually, felt sorry for them...I mean, NO customers on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon during Balloon Fiesta!!! So we stayed. The second surprise was the menu...happened to be "brunch" and we were treated to an amazing array of truly original "Latin" choices that we hadn't seen anywhere else (and, trust me...we're foodies). So, I'm thinking, "maybe sounds good and tastes like junk?" No way! Trust me...the food was AMAZING! Gorgeous presentation! Great flavors! The Mexican tortilla soup was the best I ever had...and not a little cup...a HUGE bowl...could have been my whole lunch. Then, the Carnitas tacos....OMG. Made with, what I think was slow cooked meat, then pan seared with a delicious sauce and wonderful REALLY CRISPY homemade sweet potato fries. My husband loved his Fish Tacos as well...not the same ol', same ol'...this version dusted with BANANA CHIPS...fabulous! And, on the side, a "cake" made with black beans and rice...fabulous! He still raves about the Aqua Fresca (I think he had mango/pineapple). I had EXCELLENT fresh brewed imported coffee...wonderful. To top it off, eventhough our Groupon had EXPIRED and they still honored it. We found out that on Mondays (too bad you have to go there in person to get it), you can buy 1/2 off gift certificates. THIS is now our favorite place...we'll take all our guest here too, especially when they have entertainment (we missed this part) Not fancy, a little bit funky...YOU will love it! p.s. be sure to use a GPS to find it...easy to miss.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
We know it has been a while, but we'd like to thank you for offering this amazing review!

We are so glad you decided to stay that Saturday brunch and that you enjoyed our carnitas tacos, fish tacos, agua fresca, and coffee.

We hope to see you back in!