“Nice place” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #106 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Lawrenceville, Ga
“Nice place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Clean rooms, good location.
This is what I expect when I get a three star--clean rooms, nice size room with no special amenities. Bathroom was clean, room was neat, not worn at all. The location is a nice, and this is definitely a place I would stay again.

Room Tip: Little hard to find, located behind the Denny's. Have to do a U-turn if coming from the West.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sacramento
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

You pretty much get what you pay for here. The rooms are okay but what ruined my stay here was the maid service. We only requested that the bathroom be cleaned and the towels replaced. The maid goes downstairs to tell the manager and we get a call from the manager that we had to step out of the room. Why didn't the maid just ask us right there in person to step out of the room? That was an unnecessary trip from the third floor. And what's really crazy is that the maid takes it upon herself to straighten the beds up which was something that was not needed. It really angers me that people are like this. I don't know if it's a combination of language barriers, the lack of sense and understanding, or a combination of all of the above. We definitely will not be staying here or any other property owned by the parent company ever again. I'll just fork out the extra money for someplace else in the area.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I was very pleased with the room and the service, It was not expensive, excellent price to value ratio, easy to get to, freeway close, everything that I was looking for while on My trip, it did not have a fridge or a microwave, but, the girl at the desk told Me that if I needed to use a microwave, I could come to the office and use the one there. I got a very good night's sleep, which is what was most important on My journey. I would stop there again

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

When we got to the hotel at 2am the room had no frig or microwave. They would bring it in the morning. The maintenance guy was so very nice, the front desk forgot to tell the guy to come in the morning but instead came after lunch, we had to call front desk again. But because he was so nice I thought I would put a review and do to their mix up they didn't charge extra. We will go back when we travel thru there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Lawrenceville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed only one night at this Rodeway, on our way back home on a trip, Was hesitant at first, based solely on the excellent price.
No fear---clean room, clean bathroom, good service, and still the GREAT price made this a steal.
Minimal breakfast items, but OK.
Actually might rate a "4", but I try to give these to a place with more ambiance and more extras.

Room Tip: Little hard to find--behind the Denny's on Iliff.
Ranchos De Taos, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I've spent a lot of time on the road. I've stayed in a lot of "cheap" motels over the years. Rodeway Inn in West Albuquerque is one of the most awful places I've stayed. I've had $6 rooms in Mexico that were much nicer than this dump.
Before going into detail, I can say that the staff were all very friendly, helpful...I guess I can't fault the manager if they can't afford to renovate the property (that's what it will take to make this place habitable).
The property pictured is NOT this property. This an ancient, re-purposed Motel 6. It is old, in disrepair. Hotels.com lists amenities that do not exist at this property; no in-room coffee maker, microwave, fridge, hair dryer... Toiletries consist of a wedge of soap & a shampoo. Period. The peep hole on my door was missing, affording anyone from outside a view of the interior of the room. (I stuffed it with t.p.) Carpet was filthy. Burns. Holes...again, ancient. Drapes had holes in them. Heater did not work. Toilet ran. Bed was hard as a rock and the pillows were pancakes. Breakfast, however, was not. It was a plate of bargain brand Danish, cut in half. Period. Oh, the pool. It isn't functional and won't be for another "year or two". If your family wants a dip, go elsewhere.
Bottom line, if you are wanting sub-par everything, by all means stay here. The rates on Hotels.com were $10 a night higher than the advertised sign at the motel. There is a Motel 76 across the road that has a much better room for about the same price. Unless you are on a rock bottom budget and can't go the extra ten bucks for the much nicer Motel 6 (also across the road), don't choose this accommodation. You'll regret the choice, as I did.

Room Tip: Rooms at any other property are preferable.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Spent one night here on a road trip. The minuses were: no Kleenex in the bath or bedroom, paper thin windows that let all the road noise in (very close to I-40 could be the problem), and the "breakfast" was a joke (cut up store-bought Danish and coffee). On the plus side were: Denny's is right next door for a quick meal, the staff members were very friendly and helpful, easy access to I-40, the beds were comfortable and clean. I think the management could help the staff out by putting a bit more care into this motel. Redo the windows so that they close tight and actually block out the outside noise, add a proper breakfast that the staff can be proud to serve (or stop advertising that one will be available), supply the usual products that any motel would have. I am a Choice Hotels member and won't be staying at this property again. There are others in the area that sound better and are the same price.

Room Tip: Stay away from the front near I-40.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn Albuquerque? Share your experiences!